AGELESS Campaign Characters & Out-of-Game Talk

orchid blossom

Explorer
If I recall correctly we were either away or right in the middle of ... something crazy going on. I know I meant to take a look when things calmed down but, you know my life. I'm not great at looking rules things over anyway but if you were still interested in it, could you post it here or send it to the Jon's again on Facebook, I am sure someone would look it over now.

Hey look, you can do attachments!

Not sure I still like this, and I still needed to come up with a limited spell list. It pretty much bard based with a few roguey bits thrown in.View attachment Arcane Explorer.pdf

Fenris

Adventurer
I have a class calculator to help evaluate things like this. So let me look it over more closely and crunch some numbers to make sure it works, and if you would like, I can help you put together a spell list.

orchid blossom

Explorer
I have a class calculator to help evaluate things like this. So let me look it over more closely and crunch some numbers to make sure it works, and if you would like, I can help you put together a spell list.

Sounds good. I was just looking over the Bard, and it will work pretty well for me as well. And suggestions are welcome. We all know I'm going for something of an Indiana Jones with some helpful magic.

Fenris

Adventurer
Ok OB, I looked over the class and ran the numbers and it is way too packed with stuff. I don't have a problem with the class in and of itself, especially if it gets you closer to what you want. But as it stands, it is a no go. You need to decide what parts are most important. Do you want to cut back spell casting, cut back on skill points, or skills known, cut back BAB or saves. I can help you trim it back to be in balance, but you have to tell me the parts you are willing to lose. I can tell you from the calculator I used the three big areas of cost are the skill points and skill list, the feats, and the spells. It gets hard to hold onto very strong features in all of those categories.

orchid blossom

Explorer
And this tells us all why I shouldn't be allowed to mess with classes. I'm so used to playing with people who do NOT value skill points at all (with the exception of myself) that I'd figured they weren't actually worth much in calculation.

I have some stuff to do right now, but I'll have a think while I'm doing it. I'd just take the stupid fighter class with a couple of levels of wizard if the skills points weren't such crap in both of them. (Eric's Grandma rule has affected the language in this post.)

Queenie

Queen of Everything
And this tells us all why I shouldn't be allowed to mess with classes. I'm so used to playing with people who do NOT value skill points at all (with the exception of myself) that I'd figured they weren't actually worth much in calculation.

I have some stuff to do right now, but I'll have a think while I'm doing it. I'd just take the stupid fighter class with a couple of levels of wizard if the skills points weren't such crap in both of them. (Eric's Grandma rule has affected the language in this post.)

Hey, at least you took a stab at it! I wouldn't even know where to start. Luckily in this game if we train enough or figure it out in the story, we seem to be able to get away with a lot.

But I know how you feel. Those pesky rules are always holding me back :p

orchid blossom

Explorer
Hey, at least you took a stab at it! I wouldn't even know where to start. Luckily in this game if we train enough or figure it out in the story, we seem to be able to get away with a lot.

But I know how you feel. Those pesky rules are always holding me back :p

Before Fenris posted that class last night, I'd already gone through most of the basics of a bard rebuild. I had a truly ridiculous number of skill points (which means, you know, enough). Considering Abby's expanded background, I think it should work, although the Adventurer class does look tempting.

I'm not really worried about using the special abilities all that much, and I never really feel like I'm noticing the rules when we play. Of course, that's probably because I've played characters that were a mix of wizard and NPC classes, so there haven't really been special abilities to use.

Queenie

Queen of Everything
Abby will be great, no matter what you end up doing with her mechanically. You are an amazing writer, and I think that is the true fun of this game. I think my writing has improved a little over time, I hope, so while I cannot nearly keep up with you, maybe I can at least help make it interesting for you too. Writing wise. I have no clue what shenanigans our GM's will get us into lol

orchid blossom

Explorer
Abby will be great, no matter what you end up doing with her mechanically. You are an amazing writer, and I think that is the true fun of this game. I think my writing has improved a little over time, I hope, so while I cannot nearly keep up with you, maybe I can at least help make it interesting for you too. Writing wise. I have no clue what shenanigans our GM's will get us into lol

I never feel like I can keep up with you guys for speed. Geez! I get all thinky about stuff.

And I suppose here is as good a spot as any to start with something. I just wrapped up my job coaching with Scott, and being me, finding just a regular job was not a thing that seemed to be happening. I'm a creative and I can't be anything else.

So from now on, I'm officially a writer (who makes tax forms on the side, for a while).

Remove ads