New DM's Guild: Forgotten Characters of the Realms by Thomas M. Costa

TomCosta1

First Post
Hi all, I've posted my new DM's Guild title, Forgotten Characters of the Realms.

http://www.dmsguild.com/product/207031/Forgotten-Characters-of-the-Realms?src=newest_in_dmg

Its 101 pages of 5e characters options based grounded in the lore of earlier editions of the Realms. The table of contents is available in the preview. Here's the intro....

A reincarnated avenger, having lived a hundred lives, returns again to battle the wicked assassins of Set among the Plains of Purple Dust. A lone wolf scout in the Forest of Tethir tracks down his marauding prey among the dark boughs. In the Underdark, an ooze takes on humanoid form to converse with a marble-skinned human woman, who is not quite… human. A cleric of Sune frolics, while a warlock of Cyric plots. A High Old One of Dumathoin's body starts to calcify as he begins his transformation into a deathless thorsamsonn. All while the Jordain bodyguard disrupts the magical bolt of force launched at his elder Halruaan lord. A dwarven berserker, a lewd song on her lips, flips over the tail of a hydra while smashing her greatsword into the monstrosity’s flank. All of these characters have a home in the Forgotten Realms of Faerûn. This ancient world has come out of a century of upheaval, but is still in dire need of heroes like you.

Well met fellow boldblades. This supplement offers several new character options for the 5th edition of Dungeons & Dragons, grounded in earlier editions of the Forgotten Realms, but useable in almost any setting. In addition to the Player's Handbook (PH), Dungeon Master's Guide (DMG), and Monster Manual (MM), this supplement references material in free Wizards of the Coast “Unearthed Arcana” website articles and free DM’s Guild products such as Elemental Evil Player's Companion (EE), and though the following are not needed, Sword Coast Adventurer’s Guide (SCAD) and Volo’s Guide to Monsters (VGtM). Some spells noted below are known by different names and have a corresponding change in their description as indicated in parentheses following the spell's PH name. These descriptive differences have no effect on the spells mechanics unless noted. I hope you enjoy these new options. Please send any constructive feedback to
THOMASC148@aol.com, so I can continue to improve on what I've started. Thank you for your interest.

Thomas M. Costa has been an avid fan of Dungeons & Dragons and other roleplaying games from the age of 7 when his big brother introduced him to the first edition of Advanced Dungeons & Dragons. From 1998 through 2008, Thomas was a regular contributor to and game designer for the Forgotten Realms and other Dungeons & Dragons products, with credits that included: Demihuman Deities (1998), Races of Faerûn (2003), Dragons of Faerûn (2006), Grand History of the Realms (2007), and 10 other game products; 13 Wizards of the Coast website articles; 12 Dragon Magazine articles; and 3 fan-based Forgotten Realms supplements co-written with Eric L. Boyd. From 1999-2001, Thomas also created several fan-based supplements for the Marvel Super Heroes “SAGA” Adventure Game.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
I think you need to update the dmsguild page with this intro. It has spelling and grammatical errors that look to be corrected in your post here.

TomCosta1

First Post
Thanks. I think I caught them. I couldn't copy and paste for that portion so I had to retype it into this tiny little box that was hard to read.

cbwjm

Seb-wejem
Sounds like the system I have to use to update the website at work, tiny space that doesn't let you easily check your work.

pukunui

Legend
The previews don't work for me. I get an error with the quick one and nothing happens when I try to bring up the full-size one. Might be something at my end, but I haven't had any trouble bringing up previews on the site before.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
The Avariel and shapeshifter elves, and probably the centaur, seem quite overpowered. I am sure they can be represented without being overpowered.

TomCosta1

First Post
I think the lythari are fine. I agree on the avariel and centaurs. I wanted to be true to their origins, thus the notes on not using them at tier 1 or starting them a level behind other characters. Flight in particular is a tricky thing, but the aarackocra had no such warning.

Remove ads