D&D 5E Your one hope for D&D?

Oofta

Legend
An animated D&D TV series, something along the lines of Clone Wars. In the first episode have the comic relief bullywug PC Raj-Raj get eaten by a dragon to set the tone of the series as a dark and serious drama about heroes.

3y3g00

First Post
I wish the core was set around the expectation of something like 3-4 encounters per long rest rather than 5-6. I guess I've just always played in groups with 2-3 battles per long rest for some reason. I must be a real outlier. It's a little hard to change at this point because that is so baked in.

Many of the other things listed here can be fixed in the future by extra releases, so I'm hoping you guys all get your wishes. Best of luck!

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
An animated D&D TV series, something along the lines of Clone Wars. In the first episode have the comic relief bullywug PC Raj-Raj get eaten by a dragon to set the tone of the series as a dark and serious drama about heroes.

I'd settle for this, in place of the kind of DnD cartoon I'd like to see, as long as it doesn't go dark enough to qualify as grimdark.

But either way, the world needs a dang DnD cartoon.

bkwrm79

Villager
As a newcomer to D&D, I'd like to see settings like Eberron and Dark Sun.

Also, for everyone in my group to suddenly be rich and able to retire so we can play more often.

That ship has sailed. Pop-culture-wise, D&D is silly and fun. This is like trying to make a dark and serious drama out of Archie Comics.

...oh wait.

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Another new campaign search like started Eberron. It was a huge buzz that garnered a lot of attention and effort and just helped everyone get their creative juices flowing. And gave us something new instead of a retread. I have several settings to play faux-European-medieval-fantasy, and there are plenty of untapped ideas out there to add to our options outside that.

the_cowley

Explorer
old school modules. I dont like the big adventure books. I want 20 pages good quality (kinda likea good magazine) with detached/detachable maps and tables. I dont want to buy the books cuase i know my group will send me all kinds of sideways, but the biggest resource i love from them are the area and dungeon maps and things like random item tables. I tried running a ad&d campain in highschool(couldnt get players, using books my dad and uncle gave me) and i spent hours and had fun going through a few of their odl modules and just thinking about things i could do with those resources and bascallly ignoring the story stuff in it

Remove ads