Flight of the Resistance

GreenKarl

First Post
"I think our first 'play' is to avoid First Order troopers" Kospirian says softly with a smile "I figure we need to hide out as I don't think we are going to have much luck against a Walker and First Order troopers, armed as lightly as we are..."

xynthoros

First Post
Rex didn't know how to proceed from there, but he knew that if they didn't know where the walker was then it would not end well for the entire group. He turned his scanners and his computer skills to overcoming their cloaking technology while following along with the rest of the group.

Computers Check to find Walker: 2eP+1eA+2eD 0 successes, 2 threat

GreenKarl

First Post
"Hmm" Kospirian grunts as a sort of non-response "What kind of distraction do you have in mind" he adds after a few seconds of moving deeper in the structure. "Some explosive would be nice but I'm fresh out..."

Garrett glances at the others hidden behind the pillars. He looks to the archway that was probably Arsinoë's eventual destination. IT seemed to be the only exit he could see even if the structural integrity was in question. He looks to the R3 unit which has been following him. They needed to prevent that Walker from engaging them. He checks his weapon, it is still set to stun.

"Keep the metal between you and the Walker. I hope it will mess with their targeting system like it does with your sensors. We need to head for that archway." Garrett indicates the archway. "Careful when we get there it doesn't look stable. Don't want to cause a collapse while we get through."

Garrett notices that the others are trapped and would have to leave cover to get to the archway. He scans the area looking for a distraction that would help his friends.

"Get ready to move when I say. We might need to cause a distraction."

OOC: Let me know what I need to roll.

Quickleaf

Legend
Kabal/Rainforest outside Spirepoint/Ruined Temple
5:56 PM/Sunset at 6:45

While Garrett crouched behind the twisted scrap of pale lustrous metal, he only was able to intermittently track the rough location of the walker by the swaying of trees or section of active camouflage along its legs that took longer to adapt to its movement over the rough terrain.

Rex, on the other hand, was the perfect height for hiding behind the scrap metal, yet even raising an antennae to boost the signal on his scanners couldn't locate the walker. The sensor technician realized what the renegade droid was up to, quickly switching to the incoming signal to adapt the AT-FRC's own sensors to better locate Rex. At the same time, Rex's scanner suffered a momentary system failure, revealing very clear humanoid life sign reading – cooler than a human under thermo-imaging – standing at the edges of the temple, looking down into the rubbled temple complex. Averaging 2.25 meters tall, some bald, some with ornate headdresses. Whatever they were appeared to be congregating together in small groups and staying clear of the walker. A low frequency hum comes from the lustrous metal, not audible to human hearing, and then Rex's scanner returns to mostly normal.

GM: I am interpreting the lustrous metal imposing a Setback on the sensor operator's Computers check, but Rex's threat granting him a Boost on it. [MENTION=6788545]xynthoros[/MENTION]
[MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION] How about an Average (Difficulty 2) Knowledge: Xenology check to see if Garrett can make inferences about the former dwellers of the temple based on his knowledge of Kabal and use that to deduce a possible distraction?

Quickleaf

Legend
Kabal/Rainforest outside Spirepoint/Ruined Temple
5:56 PM/Sunset at 6:45

Garrett's mind raced trying to make connections before their position was discovered. All the blocks of solid coral in the support structures – how did they get there? What if the stories of the ancient Kabalians were true, that the rainforests really once were submerged under a primordial sea? All the petroglyphs he'd seen didn't depict the ancient occupants as a species with gills, webbed hands, or other signs of aquatic adaptation, nor were they shown wearing environmental suits. If it was true, how did they survive underwater?

As his eyes scanned over the ruined temple complex, he realized the bright green moss grew far more prominently here than the rest of the surrounding forest. Many of the plants on Kabal consumed oxygen at night, and this oxygen was produced in great quantities by the mosses of Kabal. It was a leap, but maybe that was the answer – could the temple once have had an artificial environment encasing it like a bubble?

Most of the petroglyphs were pictographs easily interpreted, but the ones around the dais that Arsinoë, Rico, and Kospirian ended up using for cover were different. And the dais was made out of a different kind of coral. Garrett's mechanical instincts born of scavenging Kabal's scrap heaps and ruins told him that might be a control module of some kind. What if the artificial environment could be reengaged, even momentarily? What sort of a change would that cause? Enough to distract the stormtroopers?

GM: So [MENTION=6803188]VLAD the Destroyer[/MENTION] I interpreted 1 Advantage as deducing the control module.

How you spend the other Advantage is up to you. For example, you might...
  • Recover 1 strain, inspired by your insight.
  • Add a Boost die to an ally's next check to use the control module.
  • Ask a question relating to your check which I will answer to the best of my ability.

Last edited:

KahlessNestor

Adventurer
28iamw9.jpg

Kabal/Rainforest outside Spirepoint/Jedi Temple
5:55 PM/Sunset at 6:45

Arsinoë blinked. She felt...something when she grabbed the stranger. He was staring at her now.

“What?” she asked. “Do I have something in my teeth?” She ran a delicate tongue over perfect white teeth with self-conscious vanity. “Just...come on!”

Arsinoë pulled Rico along, zigzagging across the broken amphitheatre. She made her way toward a group of solid pillars. Those would provide some good cover. Then she spotted it. An archway partially covered by rubble on the west side of the arm. It was narrow, but they could fit, and stormtroopers likely couldn’t.

But they had to duck behind a weathered coral statue to avoid a trio of stormtroopers. That’s when she noticed that the dais on which the coral sat was sort of...free-standing, not connected to the ground. She saw faint grooves, like a screw, on the dais, and a two inch gap.

Arsinoë looked around for the others and spotted Garrett and Rex by some piece of strange metal outcrop. Kospirian was harder to spot, his green skin against the green moss of the rainforest. Then she spotted him coming toward her and the stranger Rico.

"Okay friend," Rico began, "what's our play from here?"

Speaking of strangers…

“Ehm…” Arsinoë said, stalling for time. Why did he think she knew what she was doing? She was a dancer and waited tables at a cantina! Some good her top tier Imperial education did her out here! She was relieved when Kospirian joined them and answered for her.

“There’s an exit over there,” Arsinoë indicated, pointing to the half-ruined archway across open ground. Garrett seemed to like that route.

“But it’s so exposed. What about this?” Arsinoë indicated the two inch gap between the dais and the surrounding ground. “It looks like it could move. If we could widen the gap, we might be able to slip down there and hide.” She was pretty slender; she guessed she could go first.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases