D&D 5E Dwimmermount [IC]

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

Hunter watched as the rest of the wolves took their goblin riders away. He looked at the rest of the crew, they looked as tired as he felt, he was drained but there was still a lot to do.

After he helped tend to the wounded and dead, Hunter allowed Magen to attend to gathering the trophies as he tried to find and salvage as many arrows and bolts from the bodies as possible.

After that work was done he joined the others for dinner and ale, after Magen spoke Hunter looked up with a grim expression, “I’m with you Magen, tomorrow we track down the surviving goblins and we end this for good.”

SunGold

First Post
Once the wolves turn tail and run, Shara tosses her rope aside and drops down off the wall. She makes a run for the body they'd seen on their approach, trying to stay hopeful that it wasn't too late.

Thateous

Explorer
Lucious was tired, covered in blood, and smiling from ear to ear. The enemies turned tail, unwilling to commit to the task they set out to complete. Lucious let out a vicious roar of triumph before moving to assist the others.

GreenKarl

First Post
As the young heroes catch their breath, Shara ran out to check on the fallen body, hoping against hope... which were all lost when she got close enough to see that it was also missing its' head. It appeared to be one of the rancher's sons. She had not heard his name before but recognized his clothing. The poles with the human skull attached to the worg's saddle appeared to have one new bloody addition...

Hiddell and his remaining older son moved back behind the wall and headed towards the front gate to put the fire out. Hiddell's wife was aiding them, streaks of tears cutting through the black sot ash that covered her face...

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward, Fighter 2

Despite all the work that needed doing Magen took the time to offer his condolences to the Hiddels. "I'm sorry we could not take care of them sooner."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 17 (19 with shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 6/24 (HD: 1/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
H. Crossbow: +2 150/600 1d10P Heavy, Two handed, Loading
Shield Bash: Bonus action +5 contested roll vs athletic or acrobatics

Second Wind: 0/1
Action Surge: 0/1
Inspiration: 2
Healing Potion: 1
Bolts: 36[/SBLOCK]

SunGold

First Post
Shara stops in her tracks once she sees the state of the body, her heart sinking. She knew this was the likely outcome, but she'd still hoped.

She approaches the body slowly and bends down on one knee beside it, closing her eyes. "Pelor guide you to your rest, young one" she says, making a gesture over the body. "I'm sorry," she adds quietly as she opens her eyes and stands.

She wipes away a tear and regains her composure before walking slowly back to the farmer and his wife. "I'm sorry," she says once more. It's all she can say to them before she rejoins her companions to help with their grisly work.

GreenKarl

First Post
As the fire is put out, Hiddell nods to your encouragements, says sternly "We knew it was a risk living here on the frontier, but thank you for yer words. He was a good lad and we will morn his loss. But ye get most of them bastards, especially Bittertooth and his worg. The rest will probably be high tailin' it fer the Whitercap Mountains and I doubt they will trouble us again this year. Ye are more then welcome to try and hunt them down but consider the tribe destroyed and will reward ye accordingly."

His son and wife stand silently by and also nod also...

GM: If you want to chase them in the morning you can. Mikel will say that he has had enough of "adventuring life" and wants to return to Muntberg and then his home city in the morning.

You all are going to be raising to 3rd level but I would like there to be some downtime before that happens so a about one week of training, contemplating, praying, etc. and you will. IF you chase the goblins you probably don't have time for this right away. Up to you

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

Hunter lowered his head as Hiddell speaks, “I am just sorry that we were not able to stop them before they took your son’s life.”

Hunter looked up, “I believe we will head back to Muntberg in the morning and leave you to your mourning, and too your life. I thank you again, for allowing us to stay here.”

GreenKarl

First Post
Hiddell nods in agreement and says "Well ye done what I asked and in a timely manner. Them buggers was just smarter and more sneaky then I thoughts and done ambushed when ye was out hunting them. And me son paid fer it, but that's life."

Looking around he says "Ye best bed down here for the night and leave in the morning, it will be dark soon and that be a lot of things that stalk these plains in darkness that an't goblin scum. They don't harassing the homesteads but folk a camping out on the plains be fair game I suppose..."

The party is put up in the barn again and feed hot, thick soup with warm black bread. In the morning the collect their gear and the bounty of 700 gold from Hiddell. He promises that he will be sending another 300 in the next couple of days and wishes you luck in your future deeds.

After bidding the family farewell the group heads east, back towards Muntberg. The day is dry but thick clouds chock out any hint of the sun and a cold wind howls down out the north to makes the day deary and chilly. As darkness is falling the heroes pass through the gates of the walled town. The guards nodding to you and waving you through, as it is getting close to the gates to be sealed up for the night.

GM: Assuming you go to the Boarding House again, it costs 2 silver pieces a night and includes a bath and breakfast in the morning and can fit up to two people. There are no drinks here at least none for sale. Otherwise you can try the Green Dragon Inn but its more expensive rooms for the night but it does have a bar along with the bar (and eatery) at the Flask and Scroll Tavern. In the morning you can go and look about renting a house and any new job postings, etc.

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward, Fighter 2

In the morning Magen bids farewell to the Hiddels as the group sets off back.

Glad to be back in the city again and with his travel companions, especially Warian, his training had fallen behind with Magen's absence as there had been no one to entrust the youth to.

"Much I could use a drink, I think an early night is in order. Tomorrow we should find somewhere more permanent, since we are likely to be here for a while, I know I could use a few days. [-]Then we have the other half of our charter agreement to honour, we've used a week of our allotted four, so I'd rather not delay any longer."[/-]

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 17 (19 with shield)
Initiative: +0
HP: 24/24 (HD: 2/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
H. Crossbow: +2 150/600 1d10P Heavy, Two handed, Loading
Shield Bash: Bonus action +5 contested roll vs athletic or acrobatics

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1