D&D 5E Dwimmermount [IC]

SunGold

First Post
Shara looks anxiously at the rest of the group, but doesn't say anything. Like the villagers, these people were clearly wary of outsiders, so her appearance and accent would probably only make matters worse. She silently hopes that one of her companions from the Middle Lands speaks up.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
"My name is Corwin of Azurehold, my companions and I are not yet formed into a formal company, and therefore we do not have a name yet. We understand there is a process we have to follow and will gladly do so as soon as it is possible."

GreenKarl

First Post
Both guards seem to relax a bit and the one doing the talking nods his head. "Ah, adventure types. Aye there be a process we follow here. Ye will need to stop by the Great Hall in the morn. Its' closed right now and the count is off to the inner keep. Ye can't miss it. It is just inside the inner keep. Ye have to ask at the gatehouse there for an audience. Most of the time the count don't have a lot of business but with the recent events... well."

After a moment of silence he adds "Oh and we don't like layabout here. Yea have to take of residence somewhere iffin' ye plan on staying. Less you want to camp outside the walls and all. Iffin' ye are staying in Moutberg, there is the Boarding House. Pretty simple and cheap. There be a few mercenary types there already, lured the the prospects of work for that type of late. There is the Green Dragon Inn that have few nice big rooms but it be costly. If ye are not to picky the Flask and Scroll Tavern will lets ye sleeps on its floor after it be closed it night for only a few copper. They also have a few apartments ye can rent but most of them ye will have to wait until morning as the owners ant open all night..."

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward
Fighter 2

The scholarly Corwin secured the party's access into the town. Magen thought about the guard's suggestions of places to stay, "While the thought of some comfort is certainly tempting, I would rather we secured an income before spending our gold. After a night in a barn, a night on a tavern floor won't be too bad. In the morning we can look into something better."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 23
Initiative: +0
HP: 24/24 (HD: 2/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
Longbow: +2 150/600 1d8P

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Inspiration: 3
[/SBLOCK]

eayres33

Explorer
Hunter Brightwood

Walking behind Magen as they entered the town, Hunter was lost in thought, trying to ponder what Luscious had been trying to accomplish at the gate; the behavior seemed odd. Hunter was pulled out of his thoughts by Magen talking about the night’s accommodations.

While I agree that it is best to preserve our resources and personally I wouldn’t mind spending a night on the tavern floor, it wouldn’t be the first time.” Hunter said with a soft laugh. “There might be others amongst us whose . . . decorum may not allow it.”

Smiling Hunter paused for a moment, “I think the most important things is that we stick together, at least until we get a better idea of how this town operates.”

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Corwin spoke up. "I'm not afraid to admit I'd like a little more creature comforts than a tavern floor. How about those who want a little more go pay for their own way at the Boarding House, and those who choose the tavern floor meet the rest of us there in the morning."

GreenKarl

First Post
The guard nods and points out both buildings to the company (the Boarding House is #3 and the Flask and Scroll Tavern #14, the Green Dragon Inn is #13). The Boarding House being just north of the gatehouse and the Tavern being one of the two larger buildings past a wide open field to the east.

There are a few residences of Muntberg out and about this eve, bundled up against the cold. You also see a few guards standing by a fire in the open field (#2).

The guard whom spoke up before adds "There be no gate fee to come and go, but we lock the gates and secure the drawbridge at night. Iffin' ye want to come and go then it cost ye a gold crown for the privilege. Otherwise keep yer noses clean and ye want have no troubles here..."

GM: InnerCourtyard.jpg

SunGold

First Post
Shara gives Hunter a grateful look, obviously glad he spoke up. "I'm sorry, Magen, but that's not an option for me. It may be easy for you, but the drunkards and mercenaries who've passed out there are unlikely to give you any trouble during the night."

She turns to Corwin when he speaks up. "That would probably be fine. After our greeting at the gate, I suspect the streets are safe enough, as long as no one's alone."

TallIan

Explorer
Magen Brigward
Fighter 2

Magen looks a little abashed at not having considered everyone's needs, then says, "I agree we should stick together. Very well, a little comfort it is then. Lets hope for some luck in the morning."

[SBLOCK=Mini Stats]
Passive Perception: 11
AC: 23
Initiative: +0
HP: 24/24 (HD: 2/2d10)

Offense:
Longsword: +5 5ft 1d8+3S
Longsword (2hnd): +5 5ft 1d10+3
Longbow: +2 150/600 1d8P

Second Wind: 1/1
Action Surge: 1/1
Inspiration: 3
[/SBLOCK]

Thateous

Explorer
Lucious felt embarrassed by his outburst and choose to stick to the rear of the group. He nodded his agreeance even though no one really looked to him for his opinion. Thoughts swirled in his mind that maybe he should try a little better to just blend in... "Haha, no way!" he said to himself while shaking his head visibly. He boisterously rushed forward drapping two of his traveling mates under his big arms. "Then let's go and sleep well this night!"

Sent from my SM-G935P using EN World mobile app

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases