D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash II

Creamsteak

Explorer
I've decided I need a clean break with the current game to try to regain some momentum. To briefly recap, adventurer's have confronted and wounded a variety of cults in the Dessarin Valley.

First, they openly defeated water cultists at Rivergard Keep. (4th level)

Then they sacked the first levels of Sacred Stone Monastery and defeated a number of earth cultists and monks. (5th level)

Feathergale Spire was the next target, where they uncovered a variety of suspicious activities that lead them to a cave leading to the Temple of Howling Hatred and defeated the Prophet of air. (6th level)

Recent further explorations into the connected Temple of Eternal Flame have resulted in killing at least two cult leaders, though at least one more is known about.

So far five characters have joined the party and then left for their own reasons. Damien Darkspawn, the barbarian Tolan, the druid Aridha, Lieutenant Ser Marcus Dent, and Miles Prognatus. I have every intent of actually re-using these "lost" characters for my own devices as it stands.

Four active party members currently exist. The criminal wizard Carradoc, Thaliss Eviastarim, the druid Maighan, and the barbarian Kubeba Ngozi. The first two characters have been here the whole time, the third is played by a player that has been here the whole time, and the last one has joined relatively recently in the Temple of Howling Hatred.

All current characters should level up to 7. In addition, two bonus feats have been accrued for Carradoc, Thaliss, and Maighan. One bonus feat has been accrued by Kubeba. Characters started with the ability score array 18/17/16/15/14/13. I am allowing magic items to be purchased using this "sane magic item prices" PDF: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8XAiXpOfz9cMWt1RTBicmpmUDg/view

If current players want to switch up their characters now is the time. If people are wanting to drop out, now is the time. Feedback on the game is always appreciated.

Once we've established that, I'll decide if I want to look for more players at the moment.

As far as timeline progression goes, if you want to return to Red Larch you find the city was struck very recently by a tornado caused by angered air cultists that had detonated some kind of orb within the town. From there, if you want to re-engage the fire cultists essentially where we left off that's fine, or if we want to change directions that's fine as well.

Shayuri

First Post
For what it's worth, Maighan's all-in for continuing the fire cult 'investigation' (aka - sacking) as it directly addresses the situation that brought her here to begin with...but she is patient if we want to go another way. :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Yay for leveling up! I'm currently travelling for business, and my schedule is hectic, so this may take a few days.

My feedback about this game: it rocks! I am glad about this break, because I was getting concerned that it was going to die. Good call!

Thaliss is also fine continuing the "exploration" of the fire temple. He has his heart set on a pair of goggles a certain fire wizard is wearing ;-)
Cheers,

SG

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
[MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION], question about character tweaks that you will allow: I've been regretting for a while having taken that 3rd level of warlock. Would it be ok to Tweak Thaliss and make him come back a warlock 2/sorcerer 5 (versus warlock 3/sorcerer 4)? Also, should we assume that that new magic items are off limits since red larch was leveled by a tornado, or can we get new ones based on our share of the loot?
Thanks and cheers,

SG

Kobold Stew

Last Guy in the Airlock
Supporter
Level 7 updated (Polymorph! Woo!)

I don't know what lot we have with us -- is there a gp value, that can be divided? (looks greedily at inexpensive magic item list). Carradoc's sheet has 133 gp "+LOOT". Can that be cleaned up?

Creamsteak

Explorer
Character revision is fine, you can spend your loot (I think it all had gp values given) and purchase from the provided list. I'm not feeling like chasing down all those totals myself though.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Character revision is fine, you can spend your loot (I think it all had gp values given) and purchase from the provided list. I'm not feeling like chasing down all those totals myself though.

I have an excel log of our loot. Let me see if I can easily copy and paste a summary.
Cheers,

SG

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Lets see if this works:
[sblock=loot]
Code:
250 gp ring given by commander of spire	250gp	

"Thaliss had Lightning Resistance Leather Armor.
Miles had a +1 shield and chain shirt.
Kubeba may have taken the +1 longsword to have around.
Miles may have taken the spear Windvane.

The golem guarded:

torcs, rings, pendants, and brooches worth 600 gp and a platinum goblet set with rubies worth 2,500 gp.

In addition Aerisi had the following treasure:

platinum torc worth 1,600 gp
gold and sapphire rings x4 worth 1,000 gp each
a diadem worth 6,400 gp from Evereska
a spellbook with 

Cantrips: gust, mage hand, message, prestidigitation, ray of frost, shocking grasp
1st level: charm person, feather fall, mage armor, thunderwave
2nd level: dust devil, gust of wind, invisibility
3rd level: fly, gaseous form, lightning bolt
4th level: ice storm, storm sphere
5th level: cloudkill, seeming
6th level: chain lightning

The Djinni gave the party five vials of Bottled Breath.

The party also recovered ten Seeker Darts.
"	underground air shrine?	[url]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?466415-OOC-A-Light-Hearted-Princes-of-Elemental-Evil-Hack-and-Slash/page134&p=6894770&viewfull=1#post6894770[/url]

Other side of pyramid	"WINGWEAR. There are many on the ciltists and the party took extra as loot. Thaliss is wearing one.

Wondrous item, uncommon (requires attunement) 

This snug uniform has symbols of air stitched into it and leathery flaps that stretch along the arms, waist, and legs to create wings for gliding. A suit of wingwear has 3 charges. While you wear the suit, you can use a bonus action and expend 1 charge to gain a flying speed of 30 feet until you land. At the end of each of your turns, your altitude drops by 5 feet. Your altitude drops instantly to 0 feet at the end of your turn if you didn't fly at least 30 feet horizontally on that turn. When your altitude drops to 0 feet, you land (or fall), and you must expend another charge to use the suit again.

Read more: http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?466522-IC-Creamsteak-s-Princes-of-Elemental-Evil/page200#ixzz4balHbzkS"	[url]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?466522-IC-Creamsteak-s-Princes-of-Elemental-Evil/page200[/url]
Fire shrine	potion of healing and a pouch containing 60 silver pieces.	[url]http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?466522-IC-Creamsteak-s-Princes-of-Elemental-Evil/page211&p=6974756&viewfull=1#post6974756[/url]
[/sblock]

So the total in gp is 15350. I would argue that Dent forfeited his share since he disapeared twice. I would also argue that Miles, being a new comer, shouldn't keep windvane (the +2 spear) and should give it to someone of the remaining group if he leaves us (and I think this is the plan). Thaliss would argue that it should be sold, so we'd need a gp value. Same goes for the seeker darts
So the question is it 15350 divided by five or only four to exclude Miles. I think he would want his share of the gp, but I'll be happy to divide by four!
Cheers,

SG

edit: same goes for the extra wingwear. Can we assume 4? I think it would be best for you [MENTION=552]Creamsteak[/MENTION] to simply tell us what you feel is a fair total GP value for everything that has been sold, including the coins, so we know what we have to buy loot and magic items. Is it 4000gp each, 7000, 10000, or more? Thanks.

Last edited:

Remove ads