D&D 5E [OOC] A Light Hearted Princes of Elemental Evil Hack and Slash II

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
A front cloak and a back cloak.

And there would be room to spare on the sides! ;-)

So question for you: is it possible to buy a magic mithral half plate? I assume that the mithral (800) has to be added to the armor's price (750), and then the magic (1500)? I'm thinking of getting the moderately armored feat, combined with a shield (perhaps even magic), Thaliss' AC would be 22 or 23. Not that he gets hit much, but that number looks good!
Thanks and cheers,

SG

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm fine by that. I don't know what other changes you had planned, but Mithral just negates the stealth disadvantage in 5e, I don't know if you were planning to (or already had) picked up medium proficiency.

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
I'm fine by that. I don't know what other changes you had planned, but Mithral just negates the stealth disadvantage in 5e, I don't know if you were planning to (or already had) picked up medium proficiency.

Oh, I thought it also allowed you to keep the full dex bonus. If it doesn't, then its not really worth it. I'll shop for another feat (suggestions are welcome)!

Shayuri

First Post
Another feat?

I think by the RAW, magic armor doesn't get to have extra abilities on it. GM permission notwithstanding, of course. :)

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Another feat?

I think by the RAW, magic armor doesn't get to have extra abilities on it. GM permission notwithstanding, of course. :)

It's the sorcerer level 4 ASI. With the bonus feats we already got, I'm having a hard time picking one...
Suggestions?
Thanks and cheers,

SG

Shayuri

First Post
Oh! Hahaha, sorry. Didn't catch the flip from armor buying to feats. I thought you meant 'feature.'

Well, stat raises are always good. If you're maxed out though, I find Resilient for a critical attribute like Wisdom, Dexterity or Constitution is always nice. As you're a sorceror you already have proficiency in Constitution saves, so perhaps War Caster. Helps keep your concentration up, and lets you Shocking Grasp for Opportunity Attacks.

If you focus on spells of a particular energy type, Elemental Adept can be handy. Spell Sniper can take away cover penalties for spell attacks, which is nice...plus more attack cantrippage. You can get Eldritch Blast with Spell Sniper.

I think Alertness and Mobility are underrated as well. They don't have sexy stat boosts, but they have significant effects on your tactical abilities in combat and broad applicability to just about any class.

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Character's up on the RG. I ended up going with the elemental adept (fire) feat, thanks [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] for the advice! These are the magic item purchases: [Sblock]
gp
107.06 money (note 100 gp of inks for rituals counted here)
6337.5 addition
3375 sale of leather armor of lightning resistance and 1 wingwear

9819.56 total to spend

Attunement items
4800 wand of the war mage +2
2000 ring of feather falling

no attunement
1000 cap of water breathing
500 helm of comprehend languages

420 half of carradoc's scrolls
500 cost to copy in ritual book

360 2x potions of invisibility
150 potion of greater healing (4d4+4)

89.56 Money left
[/sblock]

Thaliss now has a helm and a cap underneath it ;-)
Cheers

SG

Last edited:

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Dumb question, but I couldn't find an answer: what is the value of a mithral coin?
Also, is there a league hall nearby where we can validate the thousand mithral coin contract?

Cheers,

SG

Remove ads