Birthright.net - Is it down for good?

DHLB

First Post
Hi,

I would use birthright.net for general development info for my birthright campaign but have been unable to connect to the website for the last few days. Is it down for good?

DHLB

First Post
Hope it comes back. Was a great website for Birthright stuff and was active even recently which is why I find the fact it went down strange.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Yay, Birthright has some flavor feels which I love, I am not that in to the concept of running the countries or similar but I do like the concept of blood-lines and how they reflect history legend and myth... and I quite love how it can tie in to 4th edition D&D.

Something I wrote that ties into that.
Blood-lines and King's Magic
Bloodline magic is an age old concept far older than its association with D&Ds sorcerors (which is indeed akin to the Daemonic heritage of Merlin and other spell caster's). In fact the idea of being descendents of Dragons and Gods, Daemons and Fae with heralded and strange birth is a common element of many classic heros and legendary/historic kings alike.

From the ancient greek - hero which largely meant half-god to the royal lines of many real world places which attribute there kingship and nobility with blood of Dragon's and Gods to those like Aragorn who invokes his bloodline to great and epic effect more than once in Tolkein's chronicles to In Arthurian Legend you have Galahad/Lancelot blood descendents of Joseph of Arimethea who's skin turns aside thorned plants and resists boiling heat with confidence to Gawaine and his family bearing a fae blood-line granting a gift of sun born strength each with empowered and awakened blood.

This is the kind of magic where true oaths can bring back the dead and your magic item only responds to those of your blood and oaths of allegience create brotherhoods whose unity grants them power. It might involve fated companions and is often focused through marks of authority. It can involve influence of followers, and those under your jurisdiction or whom you have mastered by force of arms. It could involve your lands health and prosperity being influenced by yours like ancient Celtic Kings. It might include Fate and Destiny manipulation and it's price is often marked in units of charity.

This magic is not that of a spell caster in any classic sense and is more subtle than any sorcery. It is the Magic when Uther smashes caldwych/excalibur in to the stone and declares only he and his will have it. Its the magic which causes Aragorns hand to catalyze a weed in to a healing herb. Its the magic when the bearer of the Sword of Truth drives his companions in to a berzerkergang. Its the magic which causes Arthurs enemies to crown him king inspite of there own desires and its focused through his famous Sword of Kingship and again Aragorn calling in the oaths of the unforgiven dead.

In a world where oaths are bindings of magic it is warlords who are the creators of paladins and shamans the creators of spirit warriors.

Additional Concepts:
Scions of Ancient Bloodlines: Being of a special blood-line often has benefits though they are not necessarily "realized" but rather dormant til awakened.

Awakening / Fosterage - sometimes its on purpose and sometimes its by providence but it is a fact that Heroic Blood is more often Awakened to discover its gifts when raised outside their immediate family or atleast by family that is not themselves awakened heritage (some say that the empowered parentage overshadows an offspring suppressing their expression).

Mark's of Authority : Blood-line rites are often enhanced with marks of authority and personal crests through which the scions evoke their own personal power and which symbolize the practitioners family and personal identity.

The Primaries: Dragons, Divinities Daemonics and Fae constitute the primary bloodlines of myth and legend.(In fact each of the main characters from Arthurian tales feature these blood-lines).

Specific blood-lines generally show tendencies, and styles even if there is no actual restrictions, for instance Fae blooded heros might have ancient learning, agelessness and gifts involving illusions but it is far from tied down.

The Blood of Adam: At some level we are all related and in that truth lies a blood-line common to all humans - it is considered divine or by many in the image of the divine and features free-will and dominion over beasts the power of naming and immortality of the soul.(in heroic manifestation see reincarnation and reincarnative memories) and long livedness.

In fact in game terms it takes no special feat to have a special "blood-line" this is fundamentally an aspect of background under player control. However control over the gaining of blood-line gifts can be exercised via rites or the various benefits which can be associated with your blood-line that may take a little more

KingArthur.jpg

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases