D&D 5E Player vs Player Tournament style play

tglassy

Adventurer
Wonderful, we've got five people so far, I want to get at least 8. More if possible. 8 will give us three brackets, which would be plenty for this.

I'll go ahead and post the Roster thread, and you can upload your charaters there. Once we have enough people, I'll randomize your brackets, and we'll get started!

As for the story, I'm going to go with this is a gladiatorial arena. Some fighters are slaves, some are independents wanting money or fame, so not all of them are being forced to fight. Because of the naure of the game, you can be as vague as "Korang is a dwarven slave, who learned how to fight while a slave. Now he's fighting cause his master said so" to as detailed as you want it to be. Just keep in mind that only one of you is going to survive.

tglassy

Adventurer
Raw, you get sneak attack in two circumstances: have advantage on the attack roll, or have an ally within five feet of the target.

There are plenty of ways to get advantage on an attack roll. Have the high ground, be hidden, use True Strike, etc. as for an ally, that's what a familiar is for.

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

Shayuri

First Post
There's also a variant of the rogue, the Swashbuckler, who gets sneak attack against targets who are isolated from their allies (ie - no adjacent allies) so...there's that too. :)

Azurewraith

Explorer
Ye I knew it could be done, was just wondering if it was worth hoop jumping for 1d6.

If I may be so bold how frequent are the characters expected to fight once a day? 6times a hour?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases