D&D 5E Player vs Player Tournament style play

tglassy

Adventurer
Azurewraith, warlocks? Bards? Clerics?

Also, for industrygothica and river song, I've always played where defenders win ties between attack roll and AC, but I just read in the book that attackers just have to meet the AC to hit. The second shot missed regardless, but now I'm conflicted.

Sent from my iPad using EN World mobile app

industrygothica

Adventurer
Azurewraith, warlocks? Bards? Clerics?

Also, for industrygothica and river song, I've always played where defenders win ties between attack roll and AC, but I just read in the book that attackers just have to meet the AC to hit. The second shot missed regardless, but now I'm conflicted.

Wish I'd read this before I asked for clarification in the game thread. AFAIK, the rule has always been "meet or beat" the AC, at least since 3.5 when I started playing. Ultimately though, it's your game and we'll do it however you decide. But you might want to clarify the house rule in the opening post for future participants.

-IG

tglassy

Adventurer
Also, for industrygothica and river song, I've always played where defenders win ties between attack roll and AC, but I just read in the book that attackers just have to meet the AC to hit.

tglassy

Adventurer
Winners of round 1 gain enough experience to level up, as well as 50 gp.

Also, magic items are for sale, if you have the money, as per the DM Guide's suggestion.

tglassy

Adventurer
I would like to get the next round of fights together, so Azurewraith, and whoever loses the other match, go ahead and make a new character. Level 3. They are in the Regional Championship, which is a slightly larger city where the winners of the outlying territories will fight to the death.

The downside to having to make a new character is you don't get to have the monetary rewards of those who win matches. Also, those who win can take any magic or unique items from those they kill. It's a way to give winners of each championship a leg up.

Remove ads