D&D 5E Player vs Player Tournament style play

River Song

Explorer
The mystic ability to bypass to hit/save mechanic is the real advantage. Psi blast just hits, with no save, I'll have to take a closer look at the class as I am running my group through Storm Kings Thunder and I was looking for an NPC bad-guy for a side mission. :)

Shayuri

First Post
Wizards can do that with several spells, to be fair. Sleep, Magic Missile...

But yeah, the power of that is significant...and Mystics have more potential staying power than wizards, with bigger hit dice and access to armor. The consequences of making a class which has paths that cover everything from sitting back and spellsniping, to getting into melee and hacking and slashing.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Yep 5e.
I had the same sleep idea yesterday as well along with several other bits of filthy filthy cheese. Ill hopefully knock up a character today. Spent all of yesterday trying to set up my old laptop(hint its on vista old) still can't get it onto windows 10-.- doesn't like my key, 8 is workable I guess. main thing is it ain't eating 1/2 my ram.

tglassy

Adventurer
Wow, just read the battle. Congrats Alpha, that was a close one.

Alpha gets 100 gold for winning, and the game master's going to talk to her in a bit. I was climbing a mountain all day yesterday, literally, and today so far I've just been recovering. Once I get to my computer, all riled up the last post of that match, and get working on the level III round. We've got some more players!

tglassy

Adventurer
That's not a bad idea.

Also, steeling items from people is legit. As far as I'm concerned, Colden had the gnome's boom stick and ammo. If Alpha wants it, she can take it. It has 38 pieces of ammo, but no way to make more unless someone takes a level in artificer, or finds an artificer to make ammo for it. It also doesn't level up. It's stuck at level 1.

Shayuri

First Post
Yar, and she can't be proficient in it.

Such weapons are the product of minds unable to affect the world tangibly but for the flawed works of hands of meat and water.

Alpha has collected 150 small discs of heavy metal. She has also determined that having a way to repair damage to her corporeal shell is useful.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases