D&D 4E Get WotC 4e's Online Character Builder to work or get a sub

MwaO

Adventurer
Hey guys! currently in panic mode. long story short, been using the DDI tools for years now, playing 4e and using the character builder and tools. well, couple of days ago, both the character builder and adventure tool stopped loading in.

I've been using IE for all of these years to get them to work, but now they refuse to load and have tried reinstalling silverlight to no avail... ive downloaded the seamonkey browser, but it also does not work and i am unsure if i have to apply certain options in order to get it to work on that browser...

any help would be much appreciated!

Think Character Builder is down.

https://dnd-support.wizards.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360000020623

Note the captcha is a bit wonky — just keep eliminating the street signs or whatever until they're all gone...

darkbard

Legend
On the positive side, perhaps, like with the Compendium last week, this will be but a (relatively) brief interlude. Maybe they are doing some kind of server upgrade or something, implementing it on weekends.

Not that that is much consolation to anyone in the meantime. :.-(

stk3702

First Post
I tweeted them 3 hours ago and and they just answered me :
"We're sorry for the issue! We have the appropriate team on our end alerted to the problem. We don't have a timeline that we can provide as to when it will be live again, but we appreciate your patience."

MwaO

Adventurer
I tweeted them 3 hours ago and and they just answered me :
"We're sorry for the issue! We have the appropriate team on our end alerted to the problem. We don't have a timeline that we can provide as to when it will be live again, but we appreciate your patience."

Probably someone turned off the other essential computer running DDI when they left for the weekend...

GiantDad69

First Post
i see... hopefully by the end of the week i'll be able to mess with those things again. i was planning out my hexblade build up to level 11, was having a ton of fun with it too. oh well, guess i could use a break

MwaO

Adventurer
Looks like someone turned the hypothetical computer in the basement back on, so Online Character Builder is back up...

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
I always get terrified when the compendium breaks that this is *it* and they've switched it off for good, and I missed the official press release.

ficticious parody of WotC press release said:
"The time is at hand for you and your friends to stop having Badwrongfun, and switch to 5e. We have disabled your precious online tools to make the switch that much easier. Please commence spending your money on our products again,

Sincerely,
WotC"

How about "no" and you should be lucky you continue to get my sub money, WotC. Maybe make a product I like again, and I'll continue buying it. lol

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
For what its worth, I still use IE on Win10 and it works fine, when the tools aren't offline because they "accidentally" unplugged the computer in the basement that holds the 4e tools.

Win+R iexplore.exe

Works like a charm.

moglei

First Post
has anybody else the problem that when you try to load a char in char builder or try to build a new one the builder throws an unknow error message? It started yesterday. I tested it on two pc's. (ie win 7 / win 8.1)

Remove ads