Setting a Universe of Multiverses

Commissar

First Post
I'm DMing a Warcraft campaign using the 5e settings. My PCs have entered to shadowlands (it is a mix between the shadow plane and ethereal) through a lichgate. Since shadowlands are meant to host the dead, they became a paradox and they are trapped to the multiverse space where material planes, future, present and past collude to a surreal astral universe. This universe includes all d&d settings. For example, they just escaped Barovia and they are going to the war Era between Bael Turath and Vecna, where they will convince Kas to betray Vecna with the help of Elminster.

I know it sounds messed up, but I try to find a way to explain my PCs how they ended up to that irrelevant to warcraft setting events. Since Elminster will be the one who will explain what happened, he should be convincing (because of his profile).

My very first idea was to compare the lichgate travel like a wormhole, where the life force of my heroes prevented it from going all the way to the other side. Therefore, they hit the wormhole "walls" during their travel and they ended up to other layers of existence. Each layer is another multiverse.

If you were the PCs, would this explanation be convincing for you? If not how would you explain this paradox?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases