Pathfinder 1E What Levels Need More Adventures?

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Hey Pathfinder Fans,

Time to ask you a question about what you would like to see from us Pathfinder Compatible Publishers. What levels need more adventures? While I am at it, are there any themes in adventures that are not addressed enough? I mean like, do you not see enough adventures involving vampires? Or on pirate ships? Or on the Plane of Shadows? Do you want more dwarf/gnome themed adventures?

Tell us what you want to see more of.

Please Discuss.

was

Adventurer
..I'd like to see more adventures in the level 2-6 range. A dwarf-themed adventure/campaign underground in/around Five Kings Mountain would be interesting. An underwater/aboleth/azlanti adventure/campaign would be interesting as well.

was

Adventurer
These I can't do. They're Paizo's setting material which I can't touch. Sorry.

..Could you do a generic lost/sunken city (i.e...Atlantis) and/or a generic lost dwarven stronghold full of undead/orcs (or something) which would fit into almost any setting?.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
More city adventures. Best with some intrigue added, and work assassins and thieves may do.

Also would be nice to have more overland adventures not just consisting of "slay orc group, slay bandits,find missing child."

Level range 6-11 would be helpful for my groups.

Starfox

Adventurer
What we DO have enough of is introductory adventures.

Adventures with plot at mid and high levels, lvl 6-13 or so. Interesting plots what work for upper mid levels are hard to improvise. So many PC abilities to take into account. But plots with serious implications just don't make sense at the lowest levels, if the threat to the nation can be resolved by level 2 heroes, why was there no-one on it already?

These I can't do. They're Paizo's setting material which I can't touch. Sorry.

You can do these, you just can't call them that. Dwarf kingdoms are much alike, and many worlds have a version of Atlantis.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
You can do these, you just can't call them that. Dwarf kingdoms are much alike, and many worlds have a version of Atlantis.

Getting around it, and doing something similar, I can do (which is why I didn't fully quote was, I only quoted the part that I couldn't do). Doing a dwarven city, I can do. Doing the capital of the Five King's Mountains, I can't. To some, that distinction is important.

Helluin

First Post
Lvl. 9-14. It's not so much that there is a shortage of modules at this level range. I just happen to find this the most interesting level to play.
On the other hand, I second that there is not enough high level (17+) APs. Mythic materials are also underrepresented.

With regards to themes, I'd love to see more serious fey-themed campaigns. I know there are already a few modules/adventure paths that feature fey as antagonists, but I'd like to see them cast in a different light. The portrayal of the Fair Folk in official Paizo materials seems a little stereotyped, in my opinion, since I feel that Paizo has thus far only successfully portrayed their fey as capricious tricksters. Sometimes I can see their writings are trying to emphasize other facets of the Fair Folk, for example, their alien mentality. But the result was rather disappointing since those Feys ended up being quite predictable and not even remotely alien or eerie...
It would also be very interesting to explore the Fair Folks (well, a subset of them anyways) as a race that eternally struggles against Banality (yeah, I shamelessly stole this notion from WoD), though I have little idea how one would create a campaign based on this conflict.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases