Pathfinder 1E What Levels Need More Adventures?

Starfox

Adventurer
While I agree on the need for fey adventures, I'd like to see them more as the abandoned spirit gods of earlier generations. Banality seems to be a modern idea, not really fit for fantasy.

Paizo's fey have a large dose of Alice in Wonderland absurdity to them. This can be fun, and has a long tradition, there were wonderland adventures for 1st edition. I still feel its easy to overdo this side of the fey.

What fey do need is a sense of wonder. Not quite alienness, but akin to that.

Tuft

First Post
Adventures with multiple-NPC social encounters at mid-level and higher; parties, balls, auctions, interdimensional trade meets, etc. Unfortunately that kind of stuff seems frequent at low level, and then dries out as various APs progress.

Lwaxy

Cute but dangerous
I would really prefer adventures not following Golarion closely, there are so many other worlds people play PF on, including all the old D&D worlds.

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
Thank you. I really appreciate it feedback. Also, thank you starfox for linking the bundle. Admins don't like it much when publishers advertise in this section of the forums.

Helluin

First Post
When I say banality what I was really referring to was the rejection or deliberate downplay of faerie and fey magic in mortal society and religions, i.e the conflict between the "old ways" (certain fey-related Druidic sects, practitioner of fey magic, e.g Fey bloodline sorcerer(ess), etc.) and the new religions/magics (e.g. True gods, Wizardry, alchemy, or even science/magitek). I just wish I could come up with a better phrase for it - sorry.

As a small, semi-relevant digression, I also absolutely love the idea of Fey as abandoned (Demi-gods). In fact in a campaign that's on hiatus I've been playing a Samsaran Druid refluffed as a banished (reincarnated) fey. Hailing from the Firstworld, she firmly believes that Fey are the first-born of the primordial world and that the most ancient of the Elders once walked the proto-Prime (or just the World as she calls it) before the Gods discovered the land and decided to remake it and populate it with mortal races. So she would habitually call other races the Second-born of the World or some such (if this sounds like a rip off from Silmarillion that's because it is...). Playing that character was fun while it lasted

Starfox

Adventurer
In my game world, the world was split up three ways in ancient times, creating three borderlands. One is fairy, on the border to the elemental planes. One is the netherworld, on the border to the far realm. The last is the shadow world, on the border to the astral. In a sense fairy represents the past, the shadowlands and netherworld both represent possible futures (or fears of the future). As fairy is the past, the demigods of past ages live there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases