Dedicated DM questions

thethain

First Post
A few questions about dedicated DM.

Do you need to claim it immediately? That is do I need to pick an item or character to bestow it on as soon as I hit the magic number, or can I just keep DMing and have several of these rewards "In the bank" for when I do finally get to play again.

Second. When it is claimed do I need to pick an item up until that point. That is if I got a Dedicated DM on Jan 1, handed out +1 plate on Jan 2, Could I then claim a +1 plate on Jan 3?

Finally, do you get the exact same item, or just the generic version? For example in Curse of Strahd there is a +2 shield which also grants +2 initiative, if I claimed that one, would it be just a +2 shield or have all the properties thereof, Including a fancy silver dragon motif?

rooneg

Adventurer
No, you don't need to claim it immediately. You can bank the award and assign it to a character whenever you want to. Once you assign it to a character you need to pick out an item, and it has to be an item you've awarded prior to the point you assign the award. So you can run your 24 hours to qualify, then go run an adventure that has a particular item you want, then assign the reward to a character and get the cool item.

As for the +2 shield, you get the precise item you gave out in the adventure, so if you're claiming the +2 shield from CoS you get the one with the +2 initiative bonus and the fancy silver dragon motif. Note that this also implies that if you award a generic item (a +1 weapon, for example, with the type of weapon chosen by the DM) you have to take precisely the one you awarded to the players, so if they got a +1 hand crossbow, that's what you can give yourself.

thethain

First Post
No, you don't need to claim it immediately. You can bank the award and assign it to a character whenever you want to. Once you assign it to a character you need to pick out an item, and it has to be an item you've awarded prior to the point you assign the award. So you can run your 24 hours to qualify, then go run an adventure that has a particular item you want, then assign the reward to a character and get the cool item.

As for the +2 shield, you get the precise item you gave out in the adventure, so if you're claiming the +2 shield from CoS you get the one with the +2 initiative bonus and the fancy silver dragon motif. Note that this also implies that if you award a generic item (a +1 weapon, for example, with the type of weapon chosen by the DM) you have to take precisely the one you awarded to the players, so if they got a +1 hand crossbow, that's what you can give yourself.
OK thanks, I was kinda worried about the headache of seeing which item I rewarded by which milestone.

Sent from my A1P using EN World mobile app

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases