Official D&D Character Sheets Coming In June

One of the four mysterious unnamed D&D products has been revealed! Coming on June 20th, for $9.95, is a folder of official Dungeons & Dragons character sheets. "Inside the pockets of this lavishly illustrated protective folder, you’ll find a full set of fifth edition Dungeons & Dragonscharacter sheets for use in any D&D campaign. This product includes three additional styles of double-sided character sheets giving veteran players options based on their individual play preference and spell sheets for keeping track of their magical repertoire. Also included is an introductory character sheet designed specifically to help ease new players into the game. Fans can use these character sheets to welcome new players to the world’s greatest roleplaying game or choose a variant that fits their preferences."

One of the four mysterious unnamed D&D products has been revealed! Coming on June 20th, for $9.95, is a folder of official Dungeons & Dragons character sheets. "Inside the pockets of this lavishly illustrated protective folder, you’ll find a full set of fifth edition Dungeons & Dragonscharacter sheets for use in any D&D campaign. This product includes three additional styles of double-sided character sheets giving veteran players options based on their individual play preference and spell sheets for keeping track of their magical repertoire. Also included is an introductory character sheet designed specifically to help ease new players into the game. Fans can use these character sheets to welcome new players to the world’s greatest roleplaying game or choose a variant that fits their preferences."

17321DNDCharacterSheetPRODTH2.png

SaveSave

Electryc

Explorer
Not a bad deal for under 10$ nice folder to put your character sheet(s) in. I can see this selling somewhat well even in the times of pdfs and home printers. 3.5 official character sheets are selling $45 dollars on EBAY still in the wrapper.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Speaking as a retailer, you know what would be a surprisingly useful product? A folio like this, but with the character sheets filled out.

Yep, I'm talking Official Pregens. Nice art, lotsa levels, spells filled out... I'd sell a ton. Some people like to play but don't like to make their own characters.

I know, weird, right? There are also some that don't like to search through downloadable ones and print them.

A nice folio of characters would sell well. Seriously.

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

transtemporal

Explorer
With the advent of PDFs I kinda feel like we've moved past this sort of product. There are already a heap of different character sheets out there for free right now.

I agree. This is like if you bought a new car but it had manual windows because hey, there are some people who haven't owned a car before who might enjoy that.

(For those of you too young to remember what manual windows were, windows in cars used to have handles that you manually turned to open or close the window)

Seems like 5e now gets its real start.
Localized versions, character sheets, mechanical expansion and dnd beyond of course. I am getting hyped once again.

Zarithar

Adventurer
I've been playing since 1979 and have actually never purchased "official" character sheets, so I think I'll pass on this one as well. Cool artwork though.

I agree. This is like if you bought a new car but it had manual windows because hey, there are some people who haven't owned a car before who might enjoy that.

(For those of you too young to remember what manual windows were, windows in cars used to have handles that you manually turned to open or close the window)

My 2007 Chevy Cobalt and it's manual windows and door locks would like to say hi to you. And you can buy cars newer than that with manual stuff too. lol

As for other comments here, I still roll my stats with real dice and write the numbers down on a piece of paper with a pencil, then fill out a real character sheet by hand, no matter the game system. Now get off my lawn!

Juomari Veren

Adventurer
People still go into to stores and buy D&D stuff. They see these, they buy them too. Or they buy it on Amazon, see it on "people also purchased" and buy it.

Its low hanging fruit. So, we could also be seeing "official" dice, new DM screen...maybe even a DMs log, D&D branded battle mat or the return of official graphing paper. Or maybe not, but I wouldn't be surprised by things in this vein.

Battle mat is a given at some point. The next miniature release is a new 6-figure starter pack, branded the Epic Level Starter Set. I doubt it'll actually have anything to do with 20+ play but the product description I've seen kicking around mentions a large grided battle mat included with the minis.

Before you go searching, afaik it's not one of the four unnamed products, because the product listing has been out since the end of january.

http://www.miniaturemarket.com/wzk72779.html

wedgeski

Adventurer
I expected this. It was one of the obvious products...
Could be cool. But, really, with printers and downloadable, form fillable sheets, this is a pretty niche product.
I'm rather happy with my own sheets: http://www.enworld.org/forum/rpgdownloads.php?do=download&downloadid=1323
Might still buy for completist's sake...
This post reads like the four stages of collector's syndrome. :D

I will be buying it too. I have a nostalgia-rooted soft-spot for this kind of product.

BMaC

Adventurer
Hell yes. A D&D folder. Can't wait to rub it in the faces of the saps at my table who use tablets! Analog FTW.

Remove ads

Remove ads