D&D 5E Hate ASI's ?

schnee

First Post
It's a simple rule set, there are very easily obtained 'local maximums' that have mechanical value, and having multiple party members means it's to their advantage to specialize and each hit their 'maximums' on the things that are advantages.

If this goes away, then something else will inevitably come up to take it's place.

76512390ag12

First Post
I don't have a problem with it. It takes many many levels and the are so many other ways in which characters vary that it really is only a small part of the jigsaw

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Kalshane

First Post
I dunno about that. Rolling 18/00 was actually pretty unlikely. Deciding to play a weird race with a Strength bonus, though, meant you could skip straight to 19 and avoid the percentile roll.

At least until Dark Sun came out. :)

I ran a 2nd Ed Dragonlance campaign that included not 1 but 2 minotaurs in the party. They laughed at pitiful humans and their 18/00 Strengths.

That was the game where I realized I was way too lenient as a DM. (We also had a drow, despite them not existing on Krynn, with a thoroughly broken custom class built from the rules in the DMG.)

Caliban

Rules Monkey
I dunno about that. Rolling 18/00 was actually pretty unlikely.

Well yes. Which is why you rolled 200 sets of stats by hand, witnessed and notarized by another player in the group, during class at school.

Because teenage boys are completely trustworthy.

(Yes, I did this once. I was bored during a school assembly. Plus, I really wanted a barbarian with 18/000 strength.)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases