D&D 5E Gladiator: Round 1 (Shayuri vs Azurewraith)

tglassy

Adventurer
It is a hot, sweltering day in Small Town, as the crowds filter into the modest stadium. Of course, to call it a modest stadium does a disservice to modest stadiums everywhere, for it is little more than a sports field with some wooden bleachers on a hill overlooking a small field with a rickety fence denoting the fight zone, but we're trying to be nice.

The people move in to the stands, a general excitement filling the air. It's Small Town's first gladiatorial Games! They even have a real, official Game Master, on loan from the Imperial City!

The Sorcerer sits on a chair atop a podium overlooking the field with a flat look on his face. The crowds are much smaller than he is used to, but he is still being paid. He knows his duty. The heat of the day doesn't touch him, of course. He is quite comfortable as he sips his chilled wine. He sets his cup down and addresses the crowd. It is time.

"Welcome to the Games!" he calls out, and everyone flinches as his voice booms over the field, easily heard by everyone present. "Today, we have two individuals who will fight to the death for your enjoyment. Attendants! Raise the gates!"

With that, the gates on either side of the field raise. The Game Master looks at a small card, and reads "On the left, we have..."

OOC: And...go! [MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] [MENTION=6798581]Azurewraith[/MENTION]

Azurewraith

Explorer
Chomley the veteran of many skirmishes with goblin kind a great and revered general.

With this Chomley steps forward clutching something in his hand stopping at his mark he puts the object away inside his armour. The veteran seemingly ignores the crowds as he waits for his opponent rapier in hand.

OOC: Initiative [roll0]
Just in case I miss it due to sleeping I will use my reaction for defensive duelist giving +2ac if applicable.

Shayuri

First Post
On the far end is a pale-skinned young woman with white hair in a white dress, holding nothing at all. With expressionless face and wide yellow eyes, she watches her opponent.

Init: [roll0] or [roll1]

She closes in, if necessary, but otherwise just stares at Chomley. Nothing seems to be happening...but then the pain hits. Blinding, like a pressure in his skull pushing outward. His eyes ache with it. He hears a ringing in his ears, and random half-glimpsed images flood his mind's eye, his memory...

(Action: Close in to 60'...or retreat TO 60' if need be. Then shift Focus to Psychic Assault, and Psionic Blast for 2 points.)

Chomley takes: [roll2] psychic damage.

The then uses any movement remaining to back up, if possible.

tglassy

Adventurer
The Game Master sighs, then lifts his mallet in one hand, and a small portable gong in the other.

"Begin!" He cries as he hits the gong.

OOC: Alpha goes first. You are each 20 feet from your entrance, and 60 feet from each other. There is nothing else of note in the arena.

Chomley prepares himself for attack, but is defenseless as he feels an intense pain in his head as Alpha looks at him. Alpha then backs away, increasing the distance between them. They are now 80 feet away from each other.

Chomley's turn!

Shayuri

First Post
As Chomley continues to race towards Alpha, he feels the pain intensify...until he can't be sure if he's still moving his arms or legs, can't be sure if he's ever even had arms and legs. Bit by bit, his consciousness is scoured by something alien; something awful.

(Another 2 point Psionic Blast! [roll0])

(OOC - This is the Awakened Mystic's version of Magic Missile. The only way to avoid it is not to be seen, or be immune/resistant to its damage type. But it's not super favorably scaled at higher levels I don't think...this gambit probably wouldn't work too well at 3rd level or higher. Warriors have too many hit points and too much mobility to take down before they close the gap.)

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Ye it's my one weakness an AC of 21 means nothing against auto damage especially 2d8s if I rolled better on my 2nd wind I reckon I could of won but the arena did no favours I was expecting some cover even an over turned cart. But that's Chomley down.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Had Chomley survived this, Alpha would have been completely out of psi points, and yes, Psionic blast is basically magic missiles. I'm surprised Chomley didn't throw his handaxe...

Either way, you get your death saves. Roll one, and then Shayuri gets a turn. Keep rolling your death saves until you get up, or...

Chomley falls to the ground, a mere 20 feet from his target, blood leaking from his ears. The crowd is stunned, not entirely sure what happened. Did he have a heart attack? They wait with bated breath to see what the Game Master says.

The Game Master looks at an item in his possession, then down at the contestants. "Finish it!"

Azurewraith

Explorer
OOC: Couldn't get close enough the 80ft gap was to much be throwing at dis and using one of my 2shots with the axes figured I had a better shot closing the gap as fast as possible and hoping for the best. The 3 on my second wind killed me. Screwed from the outset tbh facing the one thing that could kill me.
Death save [roll]1d20]

Remove ads