Pathfinder 1E Cheating with leadership

Starfox

Adventurer
In the end, what is fun for each of us is different.

tumblr_mp41bb5zml1r3ythuo6_1280.png

Lylandra

Adventurer
Oh I agree that we are each different but please do not ask me not to Mock the bard class :)
It is impossible :)

I guess we just have very, very different opinions about how to interpret the bard class. And about what kind of styles we might or might not find awesome. It... kind of reminds me of similar discussions about the nature of Paladins ;)

- Lylandra out
(who is right now definitely and undesputably playing the coolest, bestest, cleverest and most butt-kicking and stylish fey-bard-flamedancer-inspired swashbuckler in all of Lanjyr. Period. /silly)

gamerprinter

Mapper/Publisher
The only people with Leadership feat in my games are NPC villains. I don't ban Leadership, but no one at my table takes it... so no Leadership problems at my table.

Brandegoris

First Post
Leadership CAn be hard to incorporate. I don't know, Unless the DM is okay with eventually doing Mass combat systems I don't know if we can get the most out of the ability

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
Though the rules as written might technically permit someone with Leadership to gain 40 bards as followers, I would put the kibosh on having the bardic music transmitted through a magical walkie-talkie. It reeks of abusing the rules, and gives the player and the party a very large advantage. I always viewed followers as a sort of passive resource for the PC. Unless your adventuring party doesn't do a lot of roving, having 40+ followers trailing their leader through the dungeon is sort of absurd (and would lead to a lot of death). Having your followers maintain a home base, whether that be a keep, school, library, laboratory, temple, or something similar, that's fine. That's a resource the PC and party can draw on periodically (research, healing, social connections). But putting everyone to benefiting the party constantly strikes me as unfair, as in taking advantage of them (which could lead to a decrease in followers). Being the boss' orchestra or back-up singers might be cool at first, but being constantly "on-call" would take a toll on all of those guys. Both mechanically and flavor-wise, I would disagree at allowing it to be used in that fashion.

Now, RangerWickett said this DM isn't worried about breaking the system too much, so this may be moot for this DM.

Brandegoris

First Post
Side Note: We haven't even discussed the LOGISTICS of feeding and Providing for the 40 bards. Imagine dealing with the needs of 40 Divas all running around in colord tights just complaining they are hungry or they need a Mount because they are tired of walking everywhere or they need a new Lute because they have had this one for 6 years etc.
At some point I think that it should be the Players responsibility to at least SOMEWHAT support their followers( place to live and hang out and all that too?)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases