D&D 5E [OOC] Adventures in Ashwell: The Edge of Dispater

Creamsteak

Explorer
I run different games for different groups different ways. This particular game would be way more on the homebrew side than some others. That said, it's also a game where I'm taking the reigns of some things which could irk some players. It may take me a bit to catch up on this thread as I need to comb through everything.

Creamsteak

Explorer
I'm not sure on the timeline from the guy discovering the silver statue to present, but if the timeline isn't super long, I would love to have a before/after relationship with the world underneath.

That's fine. ~20-30 years, long enough for settlements to crop up and an archaeological dig of large proportion.

The basic idea is a Warlock. If you're open to it, I would like to use the Hexblade patron from the recent UA and maybe some of the accompanying Invocations. I would leave the flavor of the patron up to you, but a sentient artifact that becomes my pact weapon could be cool. Maybe it's weak from being locked away for so long? Maybe I just find something that acts as a conduit to something beyond?

The long and short of it is magical warrior with a strong interest in going beneath Ashwell. Would that work?

Seems fine.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Steve Gorak
Thael Silverleaf
High Elf Cleric 1
Trait - Arcane Initiate

I can't tell what's going on with your stats. It looks too high. Specifically strength is... 3 higher possibly?

industrygothica
Kilvo Greyclaw
Hill Dwarf Artificer 1
Trait - Dwarven Toughness

Azurewraith
Raghnall Ursidae
Scylvendi Fighter 1
Trait - Shield Bash

Neurotic
Ersarkess Masheken
Half Elf Bard 1
Trait -

I presume you mean you have Charisma 16 and Dex 14 with that. You won't have sleep immunity. I would let you take the charm advantage as a trait, or we can work towards something else. You would lose darkvision for sure. Sounds a bit like you might tie into an "Inquisitor" type role. Let me know if you want to work that way.

Matthan
Human Warlock Hexblade 1

And one other applicant, not much info. I'll stop open recruiting at this point and continue to work towards fleshing out the group.

BeaniBum

Explorer
Sweet because a character I was thinking of essentially a shovel knight hombrew class that would fit in because it's focus is around artifacts it is an archeologist who becomes a fight when he comes across a few artifacts and then uses them to protect the denizens of the town

BeaniBum

Explorer
7566bd201854a1bb045b0f31671a9f5f.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using EN World mobile app

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Steve Gorak
Thael Silverleaf
High Elf Cleric 1
Trait - Arcane Initiate

I can't tell what's going on with your stats. It looks too high. Specifically strength is... 3 higher possibly?

Str:
I went with +1 everywhere, but didn't update the points in my character sheet. Sorry about that.
Str 13 (+1) (4 points +1)
Dex 14 (+2) (5 points +1)
Con 14 (+2) (5 points +1)
Int 16 (+3) (9 points +1)
Wis 14 (+2) (4 points +1)
Cha 9 (-1) (0 points +1)

Cheers,

SG

Creamsteak

Explorer
So specifically I'm not good with the burrow speed at 3rd level, not for any combat reasons but for thematic ones.

I have absolutely no problem with you just having proficiency in a shovel as a weapon. Would you be interested in running a champion or battlemaster with just the thematic elements?

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Steve Gorak
Thael Silverleaf
High Elf Cleric 1
Trait - Arcane Initiate

I can't tell what's going on with your stats. It looks too high.
Neurotic
Ersarkess Masheken
Half Elf Bard 1
Trait -
I
I presume you mean you have Charisma 16 and Dex 14 with that. You won't have sleep immunity. I would let you take the charm advantage as a trait, or we can work towards something else. You would lose darkvision for sure. Sounds a bit like you might tie into an "Inquisitor" type role. Let me know if you want to work that way

Inquisitor means I'm working for instead with the church, right? And I would essentially say on people instead of recovering artifacts...I'll think on it, tell you tomorrow.

As for traits, Inquisitor would do well with charm resistance, but I meant lucky trait literally (there is a feat with the same name). I intentionally put three traits so you can decide which fits your world better. I have not thought out how the bard will end up at the end, I'll take whatever you throw at me

Azurewraith

Explorer
You where asking after traits so I was thinking about some mounted combat ones as I feel like my character should own a horse, even if it never gets used.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases