D&D 5E [OOC] Adventures in Ashwell: The Edge of Dispater

Creamsteak

Explorer
The pacing I usually have it seems like there's usually one, maybe rarely two, short rests between each long rest. In more overland travel focused games I usually see long rests more frequently, but this will be a bit more dungeon delvey.

Gnome should be fine.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Hey if you want it you can take it or we could end up with two very different characters if you were thinking 2hs and str based.

Nah, too one dimensional - sword and board or even mariner style (single blade) - lucky lucciano :) I'll make a bard. We will have some divine magic, some bard magic, some wizardly magic and a fighter. Plus artificer, I have no idea what that is in 5e.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Nah, too one dimensional - sword and board or even mariner style (single blade) - lucky lucciano :) I'll make a bard. We will have some divine magic, some bard magic, some wizardly magic and a fighter. Plus artificer, I have no idea what that is in 5e.
Fair enough ill knock something up tomorrow.

Artificers are either mad men with infinite alchemists fire or hill Billy's with boom sticks oh and robot pets.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Just for clarification to make sure I understand this properly... Standard racial bonuses are out the window, instead being replaced by either +1 to all scores, or +2 to one and +1 to another. Do I have that right?

-IG

Steve Gorak

Adventurer
Here's my character:
[sblock]

gnome.jpg

Name: Tobin Silvernose
Sex: Male
Race: Rock Gnome
Class/Level: Cleric 1 (knowledge)
Alignment: Lawful Neutral
Size: Small
Type (Subtype): Humanoid (Gnome)
Init: +1
Senses: Darkvision (60 ft.)
Passive Perception: 14

DEFENSE
AC: 18 (14 Scale Mail, +2 Shield, +2 Dex)
HP: 10 (1d8 +2 Con)
Saves: Wisdom & Charisma
Special Defenses: Gnome Cunning. You have advantage on all Int, Wis, and Cha saving throws against magic.

OFFENSE
Speed: 25ft
Melee: Handaxe +1 Attack, 1d6-1 Slashing; Dagger +3 Attack, 1d4+1 Piercing
Ranged: Light Crossbow +3 Attack 1d8+1

STATISTICS
Str 8 (-1), Dex 14 (+2) , Con 14 (+2), Int 16 (+3), Wis 14 (+2), Cha 9 (-1)

SKILLS Proficies in bold, expertise in italics: 2 Cleric, 2 Knowledge Domain, 2 Background
Mod Attribute Name of Skill
+2 (dex) Acrobatics *Disadvantage*
+2 (wis) Animal Handling
+7 (int) Arcana
-1 (str) Athletics
-1 (cha) Deception
+7 (int) History
+4 (wis) Insight
-1 (cha) Intimidation
+5 (int) Investigation
+2 (wis) Medicine
+3 (int) Nature
+4 (wis) Perception
-1 (cha) Performance
-1 (cha) Persuasion
+5 (int) Religion
+2 (dex) Sleight of Hand *Disadvantage*
+2 (dex) Stealth *Disadvantage*
+2 (wis) Survival

RACE FEATURES
Darkvision: Can see in dim light within 60' as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it was dim light
Gnome Cunning: You have advantage on all Int, Wis, and Cha saving throws against magic.
Natural Illusionist: You know the minor illusion cantrip. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for it.
Speak with Small Beasts Through sounds and gestures, you can com m unicate simple ideas with Small
or smaller beasts.
Languages: Common (racial), Gnome (racial), Elf (domain), Dwarf (domain), Human 1 (background), Human 2 (background)

BACKGROUND FEATURES Sage
Feature: Researcher
Skill Proficiencies: Investigation, History

Traits: He will talk your ear off if you get him talking about a subject he is passionate about
Ideal: The pursuit of knowledge is not only a path to self improvement, but our duty to both our ancestors and our descendants.
Bond: I work to preserve the knowledge I have studied, and hope to contribute my own works one day and create my own library.
Also, I will fight those that seek to hide the truth and destroy knowledge.
Flaw: I am easily distracted by the promise of information. It can be quite a challenge to tear me away from my work.

CLASS FEATURES Cleric
- Spellcasting: Wisdom is your spellcasting ability for your spells. The saving throw DC to resist a spell you cast is 12. Your attack bonus when you make an attack with a spell is +4.
Proficiencies Light armor, medium armor, shields, simple weapons
Divine Domain (Knowledge) Blessing of knowledge: add two languages known, select two skills (Arcana, History), you double your proficiency bonus for those skills.
Cantrips Known: Guidance, Sacred Flame, Mending, silent image (gnome)
1st Level Spells Prepared: Bless, Cure wounds, Healing Word, Command*, Identify*

Equipment
Cleric:
Mace (sold for 5pg)
scale mail
a light crossbow and 20 bolts
an explorer’s pack: Includes a backpack, a bedroll, a mess kit, a tinderbox, 10 torches, 10 days of rations, and
a waterskin. The pack also has 50 feet of hempen rope strapped to the side of it.
A shield and a holy symbol

Sage:
A bottle o f black ink,
a quill,
a small knife,
a letter from a dead colleague posing a question you have not yet been able to answer,
a set of common clothes,
a belt pouch containing 8 gp

Extra purchases:
2gp dagger
5gp holy symbol emblem (on shield)

Physical Appearance:
Tobin is an average sized gnome. He has silvery grey hair, with green eyes and a bright smile. His complexion is more tan that one would expect from someone who spends at much time pouring over old tomes as he does.

Backstory:
Tobin came grew in the forests of xxx, hidden from the surrounding human lands. He had a simple and happy childhood in the forest, but his thirst of knowledge brought him to the elven town of XXXX to study a a young age. No tragedy or twist of fate landed him on the doorstep of the library, simply an unending curiosity about anything and everything. Poor of coin and devoid of any marketable craft skills, Tobin elected to join the priesthood of the temple that oversaw the library. He spent many years pouring over old tomes on the arcane, history, religions, and anything else he could get his hands on.

The elves, being more cunning than the gnomes would ever be, kept abreast of Human developments. This is how Tobin had learned of the developments in Ashwell. The moment he had heard of the town, he knew that he needed to go there.

[/sblock]

Creamsteak

Explorer
Just for clarification to make sure I understand this properly... Standard racial bonuses are out the window, instead being replaced by either +1 to all scores, or +2 to one and +1 to another. Do I have that right?

-IG

Yeah, I don't want to include some of the "innate spellcasting" or darkvision or other tropes with the races. The setting is pretty human-centric, and some things don't fit quite as well with magic using races, dragon breath weapons, magic resistance, etc.

Creamsteak

Explorer
Note that Tobin will have to drop a couple things:

Darkvision: Can see in dim light within 60' as if it were bright light, and in darkness as if it was dim light
Gnome Cunning: You have advantage on all Int, Wis, and Cha saving throws against magic.
Natural Illusionist: You know the minor illusion cantrip. Intelligence is your spellcasting ability for it.
Speak with Small Beasts Through sounds and gestures, you can communicate simple ideas with Small or smaller beasts.

industrygothica

Adventurer
Yeah, I don't want to include some of the "innate spellcasting" or darkvision or other tropes with the races. The setting is pretty human-centric, and some things don't fit quite as well with magic using races, dragon breath weapons, magic resistance, etc.

Fair enough. I'm thinking dwarf, so I understand that darkvision is out. What about other racial features, like stonecunning and dwarven resilience? Dwarven toughness? Sorry for all the questions. I'm about to start drafting a background, and I just want to make sure I have all of the crunch straight first. Thanks!

-IG

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases