D&D 5E How Do You Find Players?

dhunton

Explorer
I'm looking to find out how people have found players if they don't have any of the following resources:

1. Gaming shop (i.e. there aren't any near you)
2. Work (i.e. you work alone or with non-gamers)
3. Previous friendships (i.e. you just moved to the area)

So given those criteria, what steps would you take to create a gaming group or find gamers to play in your game?

Mad_Jack

Legend
Craigslist or Meetup.com

It's also not too hard to find online groups that play over the internet, or play-by-post games on forums.

ENWorld also has it's own gamer search function. (click on the Find A Game tab up top there...)

Last edited:

cmad1977

Hero
Identify victim.
Club victim over head.
Chain victim in basement with the others.
Teach victim Dungeons and Dragons.
Boom. Gaming group.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dhunton

Explorer
Not to be difficult, but... no Craigslist or Meetup for the area. And really want a physical game if at all possible.

Craigslist or Meetup.com

It's also not too hard to find online groups that play over the internet, or play-by-post games on forums.

dhunton

Explorer
Not to be difficult, but... no Craigslist or Meetup for the area. And really want a physical game if at all possible. And did the search here but found no one.

Craigslist or Meetup.com

ENWorld also has it's own gamer search function. (click on the Find A Game tab up top there...)

robus

Lowcountry Low Roller
Supporter
Not to be difficult, but... no Craigslist or Meetup for the area. And really want a physical game if at all possible.

I joined a board game meet up and attended enough times that I made some friends and invited the ones I liked best to start a D&D group. Worked like a charm :)

Edit: assuming there's at least a board game meetup nearby to you?

I'll second the recommendation to look around a library, and add that you might try looking for gaming or D&D clubs at a local university. When I was playing in college, there were a lot of townies as well as students in the group.

mflayermonk

First Post
You could attend a convention and put out a few flyers and see if someone in your area sees it and contacts you later.
There are also places you can put yourself on a "google map" of gamers.
As someone said with the board game meetup above, you could play some Adventurer's League and then branch off into a private game.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases