Compiled 3.5 Revisions

coyote6

Adventurer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
A correction to the printed PHB. I've started a list as R&D admits to them (2 so far).

Uh-oh -- errata three weeks before release day. I better go make sure my flameproof shelter is working okay. ;)

Apok

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
More updated, AM 6-25, from WOTC boards, AC and DN:

The eldritch knight doesn't ignore any arcane spell failure.

Hmmm... if that's the case, I wonder if they will get their Intelligence modifier to AC or something similiar. Or, better yet, they get free applications of the Still Spell feat.

Apok said:

Hmmm... if that's the case, I wonder if they will get their Intelligence modifier to AC or something similiar. Or, better yet, they get free applications of the Still Spell feat.

According to AC, EK only gets one very minor special ability in addition to spellcasting advancement -- which would indicate no to both of the above.

Apok

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:

According to AC, EK only gets one very minor special ability in addition to spellcasting advancement -- which would indicate no to both of the above.

Interesting. Y'know, from all I've heard, I think I like the original Spellsword PrC alot better, but I'm curious what the Eldritch Knight's other ability is.

DonAdam

Explorer
Duelist info: Canny defense, for example, allows you to add your Int bonus to AC when unarmored and wielding a melee weapon, but only up to a maximum value equal to your duelist level.

Bah! This should have been charisma from the beginning.

Being a duelist should be all about panache, not intelligence.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Shard O'Glase said:
yes if the assasin and ranger get HIPS, the rogue definetly should of had it on their special ability list to pick up at 10th level.

The thing is - rangers can get it at character level 17, Assassins are going to be getting it at best at character level 13, Shadowdancers get at best at character level 8 (and they are the *prestige* class). Your suggestion would enable rogues to get it at the amazing 10th character level.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Olgar Shiverstone said:
You missed the best benefit of large size: reach, without the 5' dead zone a reach weapon gives. My prediction: Enlarge will become one of the must haves, just for this reason.

Hi Olgar.

I predict that it won't ;)

The reason? I've been using Enlarge like this for two years now, and the additional reach makes very little difference once combat is joined (unless you can tumble to disengage without penalty, and you don't see many enlarged people doing that!). The thing is, it only really affects the first round of combat with any individual, and after that it is just 5ft shifts which don't allow you to get a reach attack in when they 5ft shift after you. Incurring an AoO to move away from someone so you can get an AoO when they close again is a little self defeating unless you have great confidence in your armour!)

Cheers

coyote6

Adventurer
Plane Sailing said:
The thing is - rangers can get it at character level 17, Assassins are going to be getting it at best at character level 13, Shadowdancers get at best at character level 8 (and they are the *prestige* class). Your suggestion would enable rogues to get it at the amazing 10th character level.

Slap an extra prerequisite on it (say, "Must be [rogue/character] level 13+" or "Must have 15+ ranks in Hide" or whatever), and add it to the rogue's special abilities list. They do get more than one still, I assume.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases