Compiled 3.5 Revisions

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
youspoonybard said:
As a DM, I'd adjudicate this as loosely as possible--if I can even conceive of the possibility that the new form could wear the item in a manner similar to the normal form, I'd let it stick around.
Andy Collins
Senior Designer
Wizards of the Coast Roleplaying R&D"

Druids now officially rule.

DUDE!1!11!! :D

Daniel
Very happy druid-player

v. Only "permanent" changes to Int affect the number of skill points you gain at each level. Permanent changes would include inherent bonuses (such as from a wish spell) and the every-four-levels ability increases, as well as permanent ability drain. They don't include stat-boosting spells *or items And even permanent Int changes don't provide a retroactive skill point gain.

j. The default holy avenger in the DMG is now a cold iron weapon, making it ideal for killin' demons

Every spellcasting class in the PH now has a selection of stat-booster spells. Typically, we chose the spells that the character was most likely to want to cast on himself. Bards have Dex, Cha, and Int; clerics Con, Str, Wis, and Cha; druids Con, Str, Dex, and Wis; paladins Str, Cha, and Wis; rangers Con, Wis, and Dex; and sor/wiz get 'em all (they break the guideline described previously).

"Ammunition fired from a projectile weapon with an enhancement bonus of +1 or higher is treated as a magic weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction."

Bards do not have Medium armor proficiency in 3.5.

Last edited:

Steverooo

First Post
Rangers

b. Ranger: The ranger class philosophy says he is no longer a lightly armored fighter, he is a skill-using hunter.

· Skill points increased to 6
· Hit die decreased to D8
· Class skills: Climb, Concentration, Craft, Handle Animal, Heal, Hide, Jump, Knowledge (Dungeonering), Knowledge (Geography), Knowledge (Nature), Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Ride, Search, Spot, Survival, Swim, and Use Rope.
· Favored enemy bonus now gives +2 (it is no longer precision damage; it applies to all types of creatures, even undead and oozes)
· New favored enemy at levels 5, 10, 15, 20 with graduated increases (first enemy at +2; add an enemy at +2 then increase any favored enemy by +2)
· Wild Empathy ability at level 1 (replaces the Animal Empathy skill, works like Diplomacy, but adds level).
· Gain a Two-Weapon OR archery feat at levels 2, 6 and 11.
o TWF at 2d, Improved TWF at 6th, Greater TWF at 11th, OR
o Rapid Shot at 2d, Manyshot at 6th, Improved Precise Shot at 11th.
· Endurance at level 3
· Animal Companion at level 4
. Second Favored Enemy at level 5.
. Second weapon Feat at level 6.
· Woodland stride at level 7
· Swift tracker at level 8 (move normal speed while tracking)
· Evasion at level 9
. Third Favored Enemy at level 10.
. Third (and final) weapon Feat at level 11.
· Camouflage at level 13 (hide in any terrain even without cover or concealment).
. Fourth Favored Enemy at level 15.
· Hide in plain sight at level 17 (in natural surroundings)
· Additions to spell list: charm animal as a 1st level spell choice, a better barkskin at 2nd, darkvision at 3rd, and animal growth at 4th.
. Animal Friendship spell removed (replaced by the Animal Companion special ability).
· The ranger’s TWF skills include double weapons like the quarterstaff.
· Rangers get good save progressions for both Fort and Reflex saves.
· Rangers no longer get medium armor proficiency. They are proficient in light armor and shields only.

jeffh

Adventurer
Plane Sailing said:

The thing is - rangers can get it at character level 17, Assassins are going to be getting it at best at character level 13, Shadowdancers get at best at character level 8 (and they are the *prestige* class). Your suggestion would enable rogues to get it at the amazing 10th character level.

Sorry, but I can't figure out what your point is. Are you saying 10th is too low? Too high? Just complaing that it varies so much? It sounds about right to me. Maybe a bit low, but as someone else already said you can add a prerequisite.

jeffh

Adventurer
Apok said:

Aha, yet another intrigued by Monte's labor of coolness. With all the information being thrown around about 3.5e, I'm just not nearly as pumped about it as I am about the release of AU. :D

Yeah, everything about it except the names of the classes.... God they're bad.

Renaissance Man

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
And even permanent Int changes don't provide a retroactive skill point gain.

Unless you're an NPC, right? Seriously, who takes the time to assign skill points to their NPCs level by level, based upon the presumed Int of the NPC at every given level?

Good thing my players aren't checking my math... :D

Lela

First Post
Renaissance Man said:

Unless you're an NPC, right? Seriously, who takes the time to assign skill points to their NPCs level by level, based upon the presumed Int of the NPC at every given level?

I do. It isn't really that hard. You assign the Int value and then decide when the ability increases occur. When working with Multiclass (or Prestige classed) NPCs, skill points are already complex. If I do them at all, I'll include the Int bonus(es). Not much more work really.

Of course, if I want the NPC to have a bit higher Jump or Tumble, I'm more than willing to grant it. NPCs usually die quickly anyway, so it doesn't matter all that much.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases