Compiled 3.5 Revisions

Michael Tree

First Post
jeffh said:
Yeah, everything about it except the names of the classes.... God they're bad.
Yeah no kidding. Well, a while ago Monte wrote a little rant about class names being used in game. He wrote that one of his regrets about 3e was the name of the Warrior class, since it caused confusion whenever a character or NPC said they were a 'warrior'.

I guess Monte decided to remedy that by giving his classes names that no one in his right mind would use in character. :D

An update:

If the ranger takes “outsider” as a favored enemy, he ranger picks one of nine outsider subtypes as a favored enemy: either one of the four alignment types, one of the four elements, or "native."

Barkskin now grants an enhancement bonus to a creature's natural armor bonus, in the same way that magic armor grants an enhancement bonus to the armor's armor bonus. This means it *stacks* with a creature's existing natural armor, making it a great spell for the druid's animal companion. The progression is +2 at 3rd, +3 at 6th, +4 at 9th, and +5 at 12th and above. In general, magic effects that increase natural armor should all be read as adding an enhancement bonus to natural armor (most, if not all, state this clearly). Thus, barkskin wouldn't stack with the amulet. The only "source" for actual natural armor is to get it as a racial feature of your creature "kind."

Resurrection has a 10000 gp component; Raise Dead a 5000 gp component.

pp. Tenser's transformation in 3.5 simply grants the character a BAB equal to her character level, regardless of the class levels she might have. It also grants +4 enhancement to Str, Dex, and Con, +4 natural armor bonus, +5 competence bonus on Fort saves, and proficiency with all simple and martial weapons.

Observation: Barkskin becomes the Greater Magic Weapon of Armor buff spells.

Last edited:

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Olgar Shiverstone said:
An update:
Barkskin now grants an enhancement bonus to a creature's natural armor bonus, in the same way that magic armor grants an enhancement bonus to the armor's armor bonus. This means it *stacks* with a creature's existing natural armor, making it a great spell for the druid's animal companion. The progression is +2 at 3rd, +3 at 6th, +4 at 9th, and +5 at 12th and above.

Wow -- that rocks! Barkskin used to be a strange spell, inasmuch as it was far more useful to cast on the tecchies in the party (i.e., those that rely on armor for the AC bonus) than on the Luddites of the party (i.e., the druid and her animal companions). Cool change.

Resurrection has a 10000 gp component; Raise Dead a 5000 gp component.

:eek: You sure about those decimal places? This makes the spells wayyyy harder to cast. Does reincarnate still have no cost? I'm foreseeing a lot more talking animals in the campaign world, suddenly.

Thanks for all the info!
Daniel

More:

v. Creatures without a Con score cannot tire and thus can run indefinitely without tiring.

There's no CD in the 3.5 PH. (No surprise).

jj. Augment summoning provides summoned creatures a flat +4 enhancement bonus to Strength and Constitution. The prerequisite is Spell Focus (Conjuration).

f. Elves get automatic proficiency with both longsword and rapier. (Twinky elf-fanciers rejoice. :rolleyes:)

k. There are five amulets of mighty fists in the DMG, one each from +1 to +5. They grant the listed enhancement bonus to all unarmed attacks and natural weapons of the wearer. Each one costs three times what a normal magic weapon of the same enhancement bonus would cost.

w. The Ability Focus feat in MM 3.5 can be used to add +2 to the DC of any monster special ability.

qq. Blade Barrier works much more like the wall spells now, rather than as the area-attack spell it had come to be treated as.

rr. Greater arcane sight (7th), greater prying eyes (8th), and moment of prescience (8th) are all "new" Sor/Wiz divination spells.

True Ressurrection will bring back outsiders (for the cost of 25k of diamond dust ...)

Last edited:

I heard a rumor that fireball requires a ranged touch attack now, and that you have to throw it, kinda like fire seeds. Is that completely rumor, or did I hear right?

RangerWickett said:
I heard a rumor that fireball requires a ranged touch attack now, and that you have to throw it, kinda like fire seeds. Is that completely rumor, or did I hear right?

I can neither confirm nor deny. Sincerely doubt it, though -- sounds like pure rumor -- fireball's too much of a sacred cow.

Way ahead of you, PS ... already up in the classes post. :)

Edit: Looking back, somehow I missed putting that in an update post when I edited the main document. Ah, the confusion of updating multiple documents simultaneously ...

Last edited:

Grayhawk

First Post
From p.22 of the WotC '3.5 Q&A unanswered questions' thread:

8) From the DMG: "Ammunition fired from a projectile weapon with an enhancement bonus of +1 or higher is treated as a magic weapon for the purpose of overcoming damage reduction."

edit: Isn't this new to 3.5e?

Last edited:

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Edit: Looking back, somehow I missed putting that in an update post when I edited the main document. Ah, the confusion of updating multiple documents simultaneously ...

Ah, I've been keeping track of the update posts, hence the confusion.

Have I mentioned what a great job you are doing here?

Cheers

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases