Compiled 3.5 Revisions

Fedifensor

Explorer
Cergorach said:
PALADIN:
Special Mount (SP), 5th level
The mount is called from the 'celestial realms', this is a Conjuration (calling). Everytime it's the same mount and calling it is a full-round action. dismissing it is a free action. When it is called it is carrying the same equipment as the last time it was dismissed.
Ooh! Mount of Holding!

infax

First Post
Originally posted by Olgar Shiverstone:
v. Monster ability arrays are clarified: standard (all 10s and 11s), elite (15,14,13,12,10,8), and nonelite (13,12,11,10,9,8) before adding racial modifications.

I read it in the gamingreport scans too but got a little confused by it as it seemed to clash with the Githzerai write up. In that one they state:
From the 3.5 MM scan:
The Githzerai warrior presented here had the following ability scores before racial adjustments: Str 13, Dex 11, Con 12, Int 10, Wis 9, Cha 8.

Now, for starters I never understood why not give all 10's to monsters since they are writing up average ability scores, but now they are almost contradicting themselves. If the monsters presented in the MM were created with the standard array why does the Githzerai have different abilities. Moreso, I doubt it will be the only creature with that line.

Makes me wonder if creatures that don't have that sentence clearly stated were effectively all created with the standard array.:(

That Githzerai example has the "nonelite" stat array instead of the standard monster array, that's all. Most monsters are given with the standard "average" array; a few have either elite or nonelite scores (I'm told when the other scores are used, you're told). Gives you a few more options when creating monsters that a still fairly easy to use.

Green Knight

First Post
Cergorach said:
PALADIN:
Special Mount (SP), 5th level
The mount is called from the 'celestial realms', this is a Conjuration (calling). Everytime it's the same mount and calling it is a full-round action. dismissing it is a free action. When it is called it is carrying the same equipment as the last time it was dismissed.

Wow. So it's a horse that just appears out of nowhere? Cool.

As for Mark of Justice, can't believe I missed that. Then again, I've never really been one to just sit here and read through spells.

James McMurray

First Post
Pielorinho said:

Does this mean that you can polymorph the low-wis, low-cha, low-int halfling rogue into a pixie and thereby raise his wisdom, charisma, and intelligence? Or can the scores only go down on a failed save?

I'll certainly rule IMC that the scores can only go down, but I'm curious whether this is part of the spell.

Daniel

I would think that raising ability scores would certainly fall outside of the realm of a spell called "Baleful Polymorph". :)

3d6

Explorer
Apparently, more monsters have spell resistance that scales with level, such as the mind flayer. You can see that in the "Mind Flayers as Characters" entry here.

Also: Holy crap, I never noticed how much spell resistance mind flayers had. CR + 17!

Aasimars got a very slight boost, and now have daylight rather than light.

Last edited:

Cergorach's thread is answering some questions. I'll cross post new/interesting information here (though I won't put all of it in the base posts).

weapon enhancements: still a max of +10 enchantments, no weapon special abilities have a cost instead of a + bonus. Only Armors have the option to add abilities that cost gp.

Tarrasque: HD 48d10+594 (858hp), AC35
slumbers for 6d4 months, hunts for 1d3 days, once per decade very active for 1d2 weeks, then slumbers 4d6 years. damage reduction 15/epic, Regeneration 40, needs to have 868 points of non lethal damage and cast a wish or miracle to keep it dead.

Golem Magic Immunity: Immunity to Magic (Ex): Golem is immune to any spell or spell-like ability that allows spell resistance. In addition, certain spells and effects function differently.

(some) Solar Stats: CR 23; HD 22d8+110 (209hp); AC 35; DR15/Epic an evil; regen 15; immune to acid, cold, and petrification; resistance electricity 10, fire 10; SR 32, protective aura, tongues, spells, spells, and lots of spells.

vorpal costs: still +5, but has a CL of 18 and that is required.

bats seeing 10': Blindsense (Ex): A bat notices and locates creatures within 20 feet. Opponents still have 100% concealment against a creature with blindsense.

Eldritch Knight skills & sp: 2 + Int; Concentration, Craft, Decipher Script, Jump, Knowledge (arcana), Knowledge (nobility and royalty), Ride, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Swim.

Duelist Class: HD d10; prereq: Base Attack +6, Perform 3 ranks, Tumble 5 ranks, Feats Dodge, Mobility, Weapon Finesse; skill points 4+int; Base Attack of a fighter; Ref save is good; 1st canny defense; 2nd improved reaction +2; 3rd Enhanced Mobility; 4th Grace; 5th Pricise strike +1d6; 6th Acrobatic Charge; 7th Eleborate pary; 8th improved reaction +4; 9th deflect arrows; 10th precise strike.

Wizard Spells by school:
Enchantment:
0-daze
1-charm person; hypnotism; sleep
2-daze monster; tasha's h.l.; touch of idiocy
3-deep slumber; heroism; hold person; rage; suggestion
4-charm monster; confusion; crushing despair; geas, lesser
5-dominate person; feeblemind; hold monster; mind fog; symbol of sleep
6-geas/quest; heroism, greater; suggestion, mass; symbol of persuasion
7-hold person, mass; insanity; power word blind; symbol of stunning
8-antipathy; binding; charm monster, mass; demand; otto's i.d.; power word stun; symbol of insanity; sympathy
9- dominate monster; hold monster, mass; power word kill

Necromancy:
0-disrupt undead; touch of fatigue
1-cause fear; chill touch; ray of enfeeblement
2-blindness/deafness; command undead; false life; ghoul touch; scare; spectral hand
3-gentle repose; halt undead; ray of exhaustion; vampiric touch
4-animate dead; bestow cures; contagion; enervation; fear
5-blight; magic jar; symbol of pain; waves of fatigue
6-circle of death; create undead; eyebite; symbol of fear; undeath to death
7-control undead; finger of death; symbol of weakness; waves of exhaustion
8-clone; create greater undead; horrid wilting; symbol of death
9-astral projection; energy drain; soul bind; wail of the banshee

Last edited:

tt. Horrid wilting is down to 1d6/level, max 20d6 (or d8/level vs. water elementals and plant creatures).

uu. Longstrider is personal range with 1 hour/level duration, gives +10 enhancement to land speed (druid 1 /ranger 1/ Travel 1).

We don't have the full ranger list yet, but it looks like the following is true:

1st: Add: Longstrider, charm animal, detect poison, endure elements, hide from animals, jump; Delete Animal Friendship
2d: Add Fox's Cunning, Owl's Wisdom, Cat's Grace, detect chaos/evil/good/law, Wind Wall; Delete Sleep
3rd: Add Darkvision, Remove Paralysis
4th: Add Commune with Nature, Delete Wind Wall

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases