D&D 3rd Edition / 3.5 Compiled 3.5 Revisions - Page 20

What's on your mind?

Admantine Armor

Anyone notice the Dwarven Plate on GamingReport? It has damage reduction 3/-, and implies that it is due to the fact it is made of admantine. This may mean that any admantine armor provides damage reduction!

Novice (Lvl 1)

ø Ignore Yobgod Ababua
    Will you still get the -X penalty if your weapon resizes? You're not trained for it.
    The -2 penalty per size class difference would not apply if both you and your weapon were enlarged together, because you'll still be the same size category.

med char with med longsword = no penalty
    lrg char with lrg longsword = no penalty
    lrg char with med greatsword = -2 penalty

Of course you're trained for it! You use a longswrd sized for you exactly the same no matter what size you are.

I find it easiest to understand that penalty if you consider that medium weapons are made to be wielded by characters with medium-sized hands. Trying to use small hands, or large hands, on grips designed for medium hands, is awkward, thus the -2 penalty. As long as your hands fit your weapon, however, you're set. This is why a large longsword is -not- identical to a medium greatsword, because the grips will be different.

vv. Rage spell provides Str and Con bonuses +2/+2.

Horizon Walker is essentially an explorer who at each level gains power from terrain. Example: you could chose "Forest" as your terrain at first level, and get +4 to Hide checks as well as +1 to-hit and damage on any creatures with "Forest" listed as their environment in the Monster Manual. The Hide bonus applies anywhere, not just when you're in a forest. Reqs are Endurance and Knowledge: Geography.
    "The Soul of D&D? It's rolling a natural 20 when you're down to 3 hit points and the cleric's on the floor and you're staring that sunnavabitch bugbear right in his bloodshot eye and holding the line just long enough to let the wizard unleash a fireball at the guards who are on their way, because they're all that stands between you, the Foozle and Glory." - WizarDru

Ranger Spell List:
    o 1st: Alarm, charm animal, delay poison, detect poison, detect animals or plants, detect snares and pits, entangle, endure elements, hide from animals, jump, longstrider, magic fang, pass without trace, read magic, resist energy, speak with animals, summon nature’s ally I
    o 2d: barkskin, Bear’s endurance, Cat’s Grace, Cure Light Wounds, Detect chaos/good/evil/law, Owl’s Wisdom, Hold Animal, protection from elements, snare, speak with plants, spike growth, summon nature’s ally II, wind wall
    o 3rd: Command Plants, Cure Moderate Wounds, darkvision, diminish plants, greater magic fang, neutralize poison, plant growth, remove disease, remove paralysis, repel vermin, summon nature’s ally III, tree shape, water walk
    o 4th: Animal growth, Commune with Nature, cure serious wounds, freedom of movement, nondetection, summon nature’s ally IV, tree stride

Jump notes:
    - speed, 30 is base, every 10 less gives a -6 penalty to jump, every 10 more gives a +4 bonus
    - all jump DC's assume a 20 ft running start, otherwise double jump DC
    - jump trained = same, jump untrained = prone at landing, unless jump DC is beaten by 5 or more
    - long jump, fail by less than 5, reflex DC 15 to hold on to the far end, pulling yourself up is a climb DC 15
    - long jump DC's: 5 ft = DC 5, with 5 added to the DC for every 5 ft further
    - high jump, DC = 4 x distance in ft
    - vertical reach table, long creatures are treated one size smaller ... fine: 1/2 ft, dimininuative 1 ft, tiny 2 ft, small 4 ft, medium 8 ft, large 16 ft, huge 32 ft, gargantuan 64 ft, colossal 128 ft.
    - hop up to waist heigh object = jump DC 10, counts as 10 ft movement
    - jump down intentionally, DC 15 for damage as fallen 10 ft less.
    - jump is part of movement
    - run feat: +4 to jump
    - halflings: +2 to jump
    - 5 ranks in tumble: +2 to jump
    - 5 ranks in jump: +2 to tumble

vv. Rage spell Enc (Com)[Mind], Brd2, Sor/Wiz 2, range: Medium, target: willing creature/3 lvls within 30 ft of each other, dur: Con + 1 r/l (D); Morale bonuses: +2 Str, +2 Con, +1 Will Save, -2 AC, otherwise same as barbarian's rage, subjects aren't fatigued at the end of the rage.

ww. Ray of Exhaustion, Sor/Wiz 3, VSM, range: Close, dur: 1 m/l, save: Fort partial, sr: Yes
    Ranged touch, subject is immediately exhausted for the spell's duration. Successful save means creature is only fatigued. A character that is already fatigued becomes exhausted. No effect on an already exhausted creature.

s. Adamantine light armor gives DR 1/-, medium gives 2/-, heavy gives 3/-

c. The 25gp spell scribing cost listed in the Boccob’s Blessed Books description is a typo. It should read 100gp.
    Last edited by Olgar Shiverstone; Thursday, 3rd July, 2003 at 12:06 PM.
    "The Soul of D&D? It's rolling a natural 20 when you're down to 3 hit points and the cleric's on the floor and you're staring that sunnavabitch bugbear right in his bloodshot eye and holding the line just long enough to let the wizard unleash a fireball at the guards who are on their way, because they're all that stands between you, the Foozle and Glory." - WizarDru

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
    Grandmaster of Flowers (Lvl 18)

Blog Entries

ø Ignore Plane Sailing
    My communities:

Hi Olgar,

Scorching Ray (under spells: g) now has more details revealed about it.

Scorching Ray, Evocation [Fire], comp: VS, range: Close, dur: Instant, save: No, SR: Yes
    Fire one ray, plus 1/4 lvls beyond 3rd (to max of 3 rays). Each ray is ranged touch attack, deals 4d6 fire dmg. Targets must be within 30 ft of eachother.

Cheers
    Plane Sailing
    (Enworld Admin)
    If you need to email me click here

I'd like things to go back and forth from "ARGH!" to "WOOO!" more frequently. - Kamikaze Midget

serves Gnome Master COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)

I Defended The Walls!

ø Ignore Ravellion
    I am Dutch, and hence have all three books already (there are plenty at The Gamekeeper (non WotC) in Amsterdam people!). On a quick galnce I noticed that Sleep is quite different:

1 round casting time, and instead of 2d4 HD a simple 4 HD.

But now I have to leave, sorry!

Rav
    "The best advice I ever got was from an elephant trainer in the jungle outside Bangalore. I was doing a hike through the jungle as a tourist. I saw these large elephants tethered to a small stake. I asked him, 'How can you keep such a large elephant tied to such a small stake?' He said, 'When the elephants are small, they try to pull out the stake, and they fail. When they grow large, they never try to pull out the stake again.' That parable reminds me that we have to go for what we think we're fully capable of, not limit ourselves by what we've been in the past." -Vivek Paul

Title for Rent COPPER SUBSCRIBER
    Guide (Lvl 11)

I Defended The Walls!

ø Ignore coyote6
    Originally posted by Ravellion
    On a quick galnce I noticed that Sleep is quite different:

1 round casting time, and instead of 2d4 HD a simple 4 HD.
    Wow, that's less than the average of 2d4.

By the next revision, sleep should be completely useless!

Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

ø Ignore SeRiAlExPeRiMeNtS
    Hi all,

I have only one question to the owners of the 3.5 MM out there, What was done about the demons? particulary abot the marilith..
    Why do I fight and why do I feel that
    I carry a sword, that I carry a sword?

- VNV Nation, Joy

thaumaturging
    Enchanter (Lvl 12)

Blog Entries
    D&DI Defended The Walls!

ø Ignore Thaumaturge
    My communities:

What are the stats on the higher level sleep spell? I believe it's called deeper slumber.

Thaumaturge.
    Age of Shambles (on summer hiatus)

Lex republicae vita.

Law is the lifeblood of the Republic.

Acolyte (Lvl 2)

ø Ignore Storm Raven
    My communities:

Originally posted by coyote6
    Wow, that's less than the average of 2d4.

By the next revision, sleep should be completely useless!
    My question is this: was there anyone out there (other than the members of the revision team) who thought that the 3.0 version of sleep was some sort of game balance problem?
    I don't know if I would consider being smashed into a pulp by a giant mace to be a "good result".

• + Log in or register to post
    Page 20 of 32 FirstFirst ... 101112131415161718192021222324252627282930 ... LastLast