Compiled 3.5 Revisions

Animal companion info was already there; just formatted differently ;)

Improved Feint -- I doubt (but do not know for certain) that it incurs an AoO -- I suspect it's like Bluff now, but a Move action rather than a Standard Action, so now you can feint & attack in one round, rather then over two rounds.

RigaMortus

Explorer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
When making a full attack action, a hasted creature may make one extra attack with any weapon he is holding.

Guess we won't be seeing this cast on any unarmed Monks. Unless you are "effectively" holding your own fist. Don't expect this to be cast on any Animal Compantions/Familiars/Paladin's Mount either.

RigaMortus said:

Guess we won't be seeing this cast on any unarmed Monks. Unless you are "effectively" holding your own fist. Don't expect this to be cast on any Animal Compantions/Familiars/Paladin's Mount either.

I'm pretty sure that's just meant to imply the character cannot draw a weapon as part of the full attack option. Natural weapons almost certainly qualify as "hel" in that regard.

andrew

First Post
It may be helpful if this became a 'sticky' thread since there are so many questions about the revisions. It would also be helpful if comments could be removed after Olgar updates the main text. That would save Olgar from starting a new compiled thread when this one gets bogged down with comments and questions.

The Other Deej

First Post
changes to Perform skill?

I had tried to find out if this was answered yet, but no success so please pardon me if this has been asked.

Apparently there are supposed to be changes to how the Perform skill works. Would you be so kind as to detail the changes?

Much thanks,
that deej chick

coyote6

Adventurer
mouseferatu said:
I'm pretty sure that's just meant to imply the character cannot draw a weapon as part of the full attack option.

Why would it mean that? You already can't draw a weapon as part of a full attack action; readying a weapon is a move action (or part of a move action), and you can't take a move action & make a full attack.

Of course, iIf you have Quick Draw, you can draw a weapon as a free action, then make a full attack; I see no reason why haste would need to make Quick Draw not work.

I think it's more likely just sub-optimal wording.

Duke Frinn

First Post
In the classes section you might want to mention that:

The Epic level progressions of all base classes appear in the 5-page epic section of the Dungeon Masters' Guide. Also included are the save and attack progressions, and XP charts, but not epic spells, magic items or monsters. (AC)

Source: AndyCollins.net

Good scoop, thanks. I put it in the DMG section, though.

Epic notes in the DMG; who'd a thunk? Maybe in 4E the entire epic bit will be part of the core rules ... I hope not (not currently an epic fan).

AdvntrGuy

First Post
From Andy's boards about ELH stuff in the DMG

"Basic info from Chapter 1 in ELH, including epic save & attack bonus, XP requirements, and epic progressions for the PH classes, along with a handful of epic feats picked up from ELH. All told, it's about 5 pages--enough to advance characters a few levels beyond 20th and get a taste of what's out there, but not much else.

No monsters, no epic spells, no epic magic items. Anyone wanting to run a "true" epic campaign will still want to pick up ELH. "

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases