Compiled 3.5 Revisions

Lela

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
Added a few more tidbits ...

When you add things to the list (thanks for that by the way) could you also post them? I usually have no idea which section you added something too and spend quite some time searching through your previous posts. Seperating them has helped considerably (now I just look for the Last Edited date) but it would still help me quite a bit if you could also post them here.

Thanks,

Lela said:

When you add things to the list (thanks for that by the way) could you also post them? I usually have no idea which section you added something too and spend quite some time searching through your previous posts. Seperating them has helped considerably (now I just look for the Last Edited date) but it would still help me quite a bit if you could also post them here.

I can do that. My gaming group's lucky; they get the hyperlinked document with the next text highlighted.

Added bits to Skills, Spells, and Magic Items based on:

Skill bonus items are going up to bonus squared, times 100 gp. We all understand much better the significance of skills and skill boosts, and decided that these were worth more than what the 3.0 rules had priced them at.

Rather than dramatically change the prices of the items in the DMG, we've instead changed the bonuses so that the prices could remain close to the same.

Boots of elvenkind, for instances, now grant a +5 bonus and cost 2,500. That bonus is much more in line with the boots' low cost. (One could easily imagine an improved version that gave a +10 bonus for 10k, or even a +15 bonus for 22,500.)

The ring of jumping's bonus went down to +5 for 2500, but there's also an "improved" version that grants +10 for 10k. (FYI--The jump spell now starts at a +10 bonus and goes up by caster level to a maximum of +30 at caster level 9.) Those bonuses are certainly lower than they used to be, but it's still a significant increase in the character's jumping ability--+5 adds 5 ft. to a running long jump and about a foot to a running high jump, while +10 adds double that.

Andy Collins
Senior Designer
Wizards of the Coast Roleplaying R&D

JoeBlank

Explorer
Olgar Shiverstone said:

I can do that. My gaming group's lucky; they get the hyperlinked document with the next text highlighted.

You can say that again. If I had not already joined Olgar's group, I would just for the 3.5 update doc.

Seems like that thing out to be downloadable from the main EN World site.

Added Bard progression chart:

1: Countersong, Fascinate (1 creature), Inspire Courage +1, Inspire Competence, Bardic Knowledge
2:
3:
4: Fascinate (2 creatures)
5:
6: Suggestion
7: Fascinate (3 creatures)
8: Inspire Courage +2
9: Inspire Greatness
10: Fascinate (4 creatures)
11:
12: Song of Freedom
13: Fascinate (5 creatures)
14: Inspire Courage +3
15: Inspire Heroics (1 creature)
16: Fascinate (6 creatures)
17:
18: Mass Suggestion, Inspire Heroics (2 creatures)
19: Fascinate (7 creatures)
20: Inspire Courage +4

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases