Compiled 3.5 Revisions

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Olgar Shiverstone said:
r. Swim now has an armor check/gear penalty equal to twice the normal armor check/gear penalty, rather than a flat -1 per 5 pounds (which unfairly penalizes strong characters who are otherwise carrying light loads).

Good. It is such a sad thing to see a Storm Giant with a half empty belt pouch drown. :rolleyes:

;)

Ridley's Cohort

First Post
Lela said:

You make a good point, though I'm loath to do anything to Blindsight. After all, it is a dragon ability.

Blindsense on the other hand should definitally have some loopholes a very well trained Rogue should be able to easily exploit.

I strongly disagree with this line of reasoning. I am not familiar with any mythic/fantasy
tradition that requires giving dragons godlike sensory abilities. Competently played, decent skills and superior Scent (60') should be adequate.

My biggest beef with Blindsight is recent variants (not the DMG) make it superior to Truesight in most respects. I think that is going overboard.

Plane Sailing

Astral Admin - Mwahahaha!
Olgar Shiverstone said:
kk. Enlarge: Enlarge person now increases a humanoid creature's size by one category. This gives the creature +2 Str, -2 Dex, affects its size modifier to AC & attacks, etc., etc. A Medium creature enlarged to Large would have a 10-ft. face and a 10-ft. reach. It doesn't grant the full benefits of a size increase associated with monster advancement, such as Con and natural armor boosts

Huzzah!

An early house rule of mine becomes law! Huzzah!

and they laughed at me when I first mentioned it at ENworld, they did my precious!

I would presume that they did the equivalent with Reduce as well...

Cheers

coyote6

Adventurer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
t. The Perform skill now has subcategories (like knowledge):
Act
Comedy
Dance
Keyboard instruments
Oratory
Percussion instruments
String instruments
Wind instruments
Sing

Bah! [waves hand dismissively] Bah!

I still don't like that change; Perform was fine as it was. Now, the would be Bob Hope of bards needs to spend points on 4 or 5 different skills, just for Perform. Nevermind having some skills that are actually useful to an adventurer. Makes those 6 skill pts/level go a lot less further. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Re: Natural Spell

youspoonybard said:
From Andy's Boards:

The 3.5 druid doesn't want Eschew Materials, she wants Natural Spell.

This feat allows a character to complete verbal and somatic components while in wild shape, and lets her use material components and focuses even if such items are melded within her current form.

Sweet! It's already a decent feat, but it was pretty annoying to have to drop your nuts&berries, shift forms, and then pick the nuts&berries back up in a beak or talon or paw before heading into battle. Hardly the image the feat was going for, I think.

Daniel

coyote6 said:

Bah! [waves hand dismissively] Bah!

I still don't like that change; Perform was fine as it was. Now, the would be Bob Hope of bards needs to spend points on 4 or 5 different skills, just for Perform. Nevermind having some skills that are actually useful to an adventurer. Makes those 6 skill pts/level go a lot less further. :rolleyes:

I concur :)

However, there has to be something we are missing, since the bardic songs are still tied to perform level. I hope they don't expect a bard to have 20 ranks in *several* Perform (x) skills.

Of course, it still bugs me that bards are the only class that have to spend skill points just to have access to their class-defining ability.

Pielorinho

Iron Fist of Pelor
Rodrigo Istalindir said:

Of course, it still bugs me that bards are the only class that have to spend skill points just to have access to their class-defining ability.

Rogues are close to the same way: although sneak-attack is nice, it's really the picking locks and hiding in shadows and finding and disabling traps that (in my head) defines the class.

Daniel

drnuncheon

Explorer
Pielorinho said:

Rogues are close to the same way: although sneak-attack is nice, it's really the picking locks and hiding in shadows and finding and disabling traps that (in my head) defines the class.

Wow.

My rogue does absolutely none of those.

Hurrah for 3e, where rogues don't have to be thieves!

J

More updated, AM 6-25, from WOTC boards, AC and DN:

The eldritch knight doesn't ignore any arcane spell failure.

The thaumaturgist has full clerical spell progression and an emphasis on summoning.

i. Critical Hits: Multiple effects that expand critical threat ranges no longer stack. (Munchkins may weep).

There are mass inflict spells at the same level as mass cures.

t. Awesome Blow (Monster feat): "The creature can choose to deliver blows that send its smaller opponents flying like bowling pins." (It's for Large, strong creatures.)

h. Boots of striding and springing: For the low price of 5500 gp, the wearer gets a +10 ft. enhancement bonus to land speed and a +5 competence bonus on Jump checks.

i. Boots of speed: Free action to activate, 10 rounds of haste (non-consecutive). Essentially, 10 times per day you get to be hasted for a full round.

11. Errata (already)

a. The spell emotion in the red dragon’s spell list in the MM is incorrect (the spell no longer exists).

Last edited:

diaglo

Adventurer
Olgar Shiverstone said:
t. The Perform skill now has subcategories (like knowledge):
Keyboard instruments

are they talking piano or dulcimer? or pipe organ? or xylophone?

many if not all of these are already included in other instrument categories.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases