D&D 5E Gladiator: Round 3 (Shayuri vs Thateous)

tglassy

Adventurer
The Game Master sat in his room in Big Town, which was much more luxurious than the one in Small Town. At least here he had a proper room slave. He took his hood off, revealing his slightly pointed ears framing his all too human face, and closed his eyes. He needed a vacation. A long one. Its not that he minded watching the death and dying. He just needed to get away.

Oh well. It was time.

With a flourish he was once again on his pedestal overseeing the arena. This one was larger than the one in Small Town. The arena itself was still only a hundred feet across, but it was surrounded on all sides by seating that fit a good ten thousand people, and it was moderately full. People had heard of this small girl who seemed to kill with a look, and they wanted to see her for themselves.

The Arena was set up differently, of course. This one had actual wooden structures. The combatants would enter from either side, as before, only this time they would enter on a bridge that led to a small stage on either side. Stairs led down from the stage to the battlefield, but on the stage itself were a number of protective walls set in place, allowing the combatants to easily hide from spellcasters or ranged combatants.

In the middle of the battlefield where also a number of walls set up for the same reason. This allowed for a much more evenly matched fight than the ones in Small Town.

View attachment Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 9.53.46 PM.pdf

OOC: The green lines are walls that provide full cover when hidden behind. All combatants are told this, and informed they are there to disrupt sight lines, and allow for cover against spells and ranged attacks.

You may now have the Game Master introduce you!
[MENTION=4936]Shayuri[/MENTION] vs [MENTION=6814006]Thateous[/MENTION]

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Iteration Alpha stepped out onto her own platform. She had abandoned the ill-fitting armor she'd worn previously. It was no longer essential. Her previous injury had proved instructional. Physical force was dangerous. The capacity to exert and resist it was important. That which could be understood could be overcome.

The announcer shouted that she was a returning champion, now fighting in this venue. He shouted her name. There was a great deal of shouting, but Alpha stayed focused on her opponent. She had not encountered the weapon in his hands before, but its operation could be deduced. Her new awareness of physical forces assisted. The wood was essentially a spring. The sinew allowed the energy of the spring's tension to be interfaced with, adding the strength of the user and imparting it to a projectile. The projectile was designed to fly far and straight, and stab people.

She began.

Almost immediately Lyn felt the assault in his mind as the girl on the other platform stared placidly at him. The violence he felt was in stark contrast to the calm that was outwardly apparent. It felt as if an angry wolverine had been set inside his skull!

Init! [roll0] or [roll1]

If she wins, Psionic Blast damage: [roll2]

(Alpha has spent 2psi on Inertial Armor, and 2 on Psi Blast, if she wins init)

(OOC - Thateous, you may as well make your attack rolls with disadvantage until I run out of psi points. It'll save on you having to add more rolls in separate posts after I declare the use of a reaction. :))

Last edited:

tglassy

Adventurer
Interested to see how the young woman would do this time, the Game Master wasted no time.

"Begin," he said as he rang his gong.

OOC: And Alpha crits the initiative.

tglassy

Adventurer
OOC: Lyn is hit, but because of cure wounds is only 5 hp down. He is also behind one of the walls, and thus has full cover. Probably a good idea to post what square you're on and which one you move to, so everyone can know where each other are at.

Shayuri

First Post
Moving at a methodical, unhurried pace, Alpha descends the platform and moves obliquely towards the barrier her opponent crouched behind, hoping to continue the assault.

(Move to K15; if she can spot him from there then another psionic blast, 3psi this time. [roll0]. If not, she will take the Dodge action.)

Thateous

Explorer
OOC: I went right from my ramp, assumed the right ramp, to M8. If she can see me from her new location and I get hit with THAT, holly jesus.

Remove ads