Tabaxi Rogue?

Hello :)

For a while now, I have been playing a very tanky Human Fighter (who hasn't been knocked out yet) and a Slightly Tanky Tiefling Necromancer (Who I keep out of danger and manage to protect from the DM through circumstantial positioning) :)

Now on my Todo's list is a Tabaxi Rogue who calls herself "Tabaxi" because she's never met another of her kind :)

The thing is though, I've never played a squishy Rogue before :)

So how do you think I should build/play her? I'm hoping to make her very dexterous :)

Last edited:

Ryan Caruso

First Post
I would personally focus on ranged attacks cause of the speed/stealth (snipe people while hidden in a tree) or focus on speed to maximize hit and run tactics probably with the swashbuckler subclass to get extra mobility and better initiative (So long as you have a good charisma as well)

gyor

Legend
I would personally focus on ranged attacks cause of the speed/stealth (snipe people while hidden in a tree) or focus on speed to maximize hit and run tactics probably with the swashbuckler subclass to get extra mobility and better initiative (So long as you have a good charisma as well)

Yeah Swashbuckler is the way to go.

CydKnight

Explorer
I would utilize her Feline Agility racial ability in conjunction with the Rogue's Cunning Action. This basically allows you to double the normal distance to close for melee, as well as, Disengaging from the opponent's melee range without suffering an opportunity attack in the same round. The only limit is that you cannot use Feline Agility again until you stay still for at least one turn. You could use a ranged attack on that turn and then get it back in your 3rd turn if the battle lasts that long.

It seems like Swashbuckler is a good choice as others have mentioned but I feel that a Thief build also has abilities which compliment a Tabaxi. Assassin abilities should also play well. Mastermind and Arcane Trixter don't feel as effective to me as a Tabaxi since they encourage higher scores in abilities you may not want to take if they mean sacrificing another like Dexterity, Constitution, or Charisma.

One other cool thing about a Tabaxi Rogue, is that Stealth and Perception are already proficiencies for this race so you can chose something else for your four Rogues proficiency choices.

Remove ads