Traveller is Hot ?

Azurewraith

Explorer
Found a traveller copy at my local car boot sale I believe its the original 80s? Version been a while since I looked at it. Just couldn't get my group to buy into it

Jeux Fictifs

First Post
What is complex at Traveller? ... the majority of the actions are resolved by rolling two dice of 6 adds your skill and you succeed with 8+,

In MegaTraveller, this is a level of difficulty but is still running 2D6.

Try to play a D&D get out the D20 and put (2D6 +skill and succeed with 8+), you see

I agree that piloting a spacecraft is more complex than piloting a sailing ship. But in this case, technology seems to them complex.

Azurewraith

Explorer
What is complex at Traveller? ... the majority of the actions are resolved by rolling two dice of 6 adds your skill and you succeed with 8+,

In MegaTraveller, this is a level of difficulty but is still running 2D6.

Try to play a D&D get out the D20 and put (2D6 +skill and succeed with 8+), you see

I agree that piloting a spacecraft is more complex than piloting a sailing ship. But in this case, technology seems to them complex.
Never really pressed the issue I think it could of been something on the combat side of things.

Jeux Fictifs

First Post
Ah! Yes ... the science fiction fight, on that it's not like in a D & D fight in which you can receive several arrows and continue the fight with your 1 life point.

In Traveler there is not a score with several hit points ... if your character is hit by an arrow of a native, the damage will affect one of the character's six characteristics. So if your strength score falls to zero your character could not force, if it's dexterity, his arms do not work, imagine if it affects his intelligence.

Then in Traveler, you will not see a character running to kill natives of the planet. A little snag in your space suit and your character will die.

For the battle between spacecraft is something else, and it's not that easy in Star Wars. Traveler is a science fiction where technology is present not just decorative.

Remove ads