Stats from Metamorphosis - From Dretch to Demon Lord. (Updated 06/22/03)

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Ok, folks here it is, the next NPC profile.

As those of you who voted in my poll know, this thread will detail the raise to power of a demon, taking him from dretch to demon lord.

I am going to do things a little differently this time so bear with me. First of all the body of the story will be posted in the story hour forum, here:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&postid=948676#post948676

While the stats for each installment, including supporting characters will go in this thread.

The next change is that I havn't charted out the entire life cycle for Hazergal. I have a good idea which way the story is going to go but I am going to just let it write itself somewhat and see where it leads me. I do know that Hazergal will experience several demon forms before he becomes the demon lord Hazag, but as to what those forms are I havn't really decided yet.

Also for those of you have read my other threads, you will recognize Hazergal as the nemesis of Nithrekel, the earth mephit fighter I did before Grummok.

Thanks for reading.

Dirge

Last edited:

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Ok, the first installement has been posted in the story hour forum. There are no stats for this first installment as it details Hazergal as a faithless petitioner.

Dirge

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Hazergal Redcloak, male human Rog1/Wiz19: CR 20; ECL 20; Medium Humanoid (human); HD 1d6+3 plus 19d4+57; hp 111; Init +2; Spd 30 ft; AC 12 (+2 Dex); Melee dagger +9/+4 (1d4+1); SA sneak attack +1d6, spells; SQ summon familiar; AL NE; SV Fort +9, Ref +10, Will +13; Str 13, Dex 15, Con 16, Int 22, Wis 14, Cha 12.
Skills: Balance +6, Bluff +7, Climb +5, Concentration +24, Diplomacy +5, Hide +8, Jump +5, Knowledge (arcana) +25, Knowledge (the planes) +25, Knowledge (demonology) +25, Listen +7, Move Silently +8, Pick Pocket +6, Search +12, Spot +7, Spellcraft +23, Tumble +8

Feats: Improved Initiative, Dodge, Scribe Scroll, Spell Mastery (4), Empower Spell, Spell Mastery (4), Spell Mastery (4), Extend Spell, Spell Mastery (5), Spell Mastery (5), Craft Wand, Energy Substitution
Languages: Chondathan, Common, Elven, Orc, Giant, Abyssal
Equipment: dagger,
Spells: (4/6/6/5/5/5/5/4/3/3 save = 16 + spell level)

Spell Mastery Spells (22): shield, magic missile, expeditious retreat, cat’s grace, invisibility, mirror image, lightning bolt, fly, dispel magic, stone skin, ice storm, lance of disruption, cone of cold, teleport, wall of iron, chain lightning, disintegrate, globe of invulnerability, finger of death, reverse gravity, horrid wilting, meteor swarm

Ok here are the basic stats for Hazergal as a mortal. The above stat block does not include equipment and features only the raw stats that will serve as building blocks for his various demon forms. Hazergal will retain his mental stats (Int, Wis, Cha) unmodified in each form, but will gain the physical bonuses each type of demon; he will also gain any appropriate skill bonuses. For example, Hazergal as a vrock would have a stat line like this: Str 21, Dex 19, Con 22, Int 22, Wis 14, Cha 12. He retains most of his skills and feats as well, although many may be unusable in certain forms.

What I am going for is an amalgam of demon and wizard that will eventually create a unique creature, a demon lord. Keep an eye on those spell mastery spells, they will come into play very soon. :)

Dirge

BLACKDIRGE

Adventurer
Here are the stats for Pyrak and partial stats on his sword fiendbleeder.

Pyrak

Advanced Paragon Vrock
Huge Outsider
Hit Dice: 24d8+312 plus 288 (936 hp)
Initiative: +9 (Dex)
Speed: 90 ft., Fly 150 ft. (good)
AC: 54 (-2 size, +9 Dex, +23 natural, +12 insight, +12 luck)
Attacks: 2 claws +58 melee, bite +54 melee, 2 rakes +54 melee or Fiendbleeder +66/+61/+56/+51 melee and bite +54 melee
Damage: Fiendbleeder 4d6+55 plus 3d6 sonic, claws 2d6+36, bite 1d8+28, rake 1d6+28
Face/Reach: 10 ft. by 10 ft. /15 ft.
Special Attacks: Spell-like abilities, spores, screech, dance of ruin, summon tanar’ri
Special Qualities: Damage reduction 20/+6, SR 39, tanar’ri qualities, fast healing 20
Saves: Fortitude +37, Reflex +33, Will +33
Abilities: Str 42, Dex 28, Con 36, Int 29, Wis 29, Cha 27
Skills: Bluff +28, Climb +36, Concentration +50, Diplomacy +28, Hide +46, Intimidate +28, Jump +36, Knowledge (the planes) +29, Knowledge (arcana) +46, Listen +54, Move Silently +46, Search +46, Sense Motive +46, Spellcraft +46, Spot +54, Tumble +29, Wilderness Lore +29
Feats: Power Attack, Cleave, Weapon Focus (great sword), Expertise, Improved Disarm, Sunder, Multiattack, Great Cleave, Improved Flight, Fly by Attack, Greater Fly by Attack
Climate/Terrain: The Abyss
Organization: Special
Challenge Rating: 29
Treasure: Quadruple standard
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Possessions: Fiendbleeder, +7 intelligent keen chaotic gargantuan evil outsider dread sonic blast greatsword (as a powerful artifact Fiendbleeder has many other powers only known to Pyrak}

Spell-Like Abilities: At will: darkness, desecrate, detect good, detect magic, mass charm, mirror image, telekinesis, and teleport without error (self plus 50 pounds of objects only). 3/day – greater dispelling, haste, see invisibility. These abilities are as the spells cast by a 27th-level sorcerer (save DC 18 + spell level).

Spores (Ex): Pyrak can release masses of spores from its body once every 3 rounds. The spores automatically deal 1d8+13 points of damage to all creatures within 5 feet of Pyrak. They then penetrate the skin and grow, dealing additional 1d2+13 points of damage each round for 10 rounds. At the end of this time, the victim is covered with a tangle of vine like growths. A delay poison spell stops the spores’ growth for its duration. Bless, neutralize poison, or remove disease kills the spores, as does sprinkling the victim with a vial of holy water.

Stunning Screech (Su): Once per hour Pyrak can emit a piercing screech. Every creature within a 30-foot radius must succeed at a Fortitude save (DC 30) or be stunned for 1 round.

Dance of Ruin (Su): To use this ability, Pyrak and at least 4 other vrocks can link in a circle, dancing wildly and chanting. If they dance for 3 rounds, a wave of crackling energy flashes outward in a 100-foot radius. All non-demon creatures within the radius take 2d100 points of damage (Reflex half DC 28). Forcing Pyrak and the vrocks to break the circle stops the dance.

Summon Demon (Sp): Once per day Pyrak can automatically summon 1d10 vrocks or a 1d3 balors.

Telepathy (Su): Pyrak can communicate telepathically with any creature within 100 feet that has a language.

For more info on Pyrak, check out my Suped up, buffed out classic monster thread here:

http://enworld.cyberstreet.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=44315

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases