Iron dm summer champion announced!

seasong

First Post
seasong said:
"A couple of people chimed in on the first round entry"
"I think it was the one that the most people would enjoy"
My 1st round entry is the one that I think is more likely to win in IronDM.

I have problems liking it myself, because of all the stacked clichés and fairly straight-forward design (it offered plenty of twisty things, but the scenario itself was "chase the ferret, fight the harpy, collect $200, pass Go"). But it was definitely good work.

And the second is my favorite for reasons of personal satisfaction, which I have alluded to elsewhere as being not part of the game ;). It was sheer luck that cool hand luke also posted 4,000 words so I wasn't competing against a succinct scenario.

Rune

Once A Fool
Seasong, I don't think your first entry was superior to the second for a specific reason: I don't think adventures should necessarily follow the module format--I think that often modules (as they are popularly presented) use a format that is too limited. What you did in the second entry was to break conventions in such a way as to present a cohesive adventure (easily expandable to a whole campaign) that was superbly done. It used ingredients well, it had a virtually flawless structure, and was massively creative.

That's what an entry, or adventure, for that matter, should be. No need to be more. No excuse to be less.

Talix

Explorer
Congratulations to the new Iron DM champion! :)

Hey seasong - do you have any interest in editing and re-posting that last entry of yours, just for those of us who might think about using it in the future and are interested in seeing how polished you can make it? :D

seasong

First Post
Talix said:
Hey seasong - do you have any interest in editing and re-posting that last entry of yours, just for those of us who might think about using it in the future and are interested in seeing how polished you can make it? :D
Not today ;). But if you look through my exposition, it mentions most of the explicit edits my text needed.

Mainly, I'd think up some ways for Ing to hide from PCs looking for the root of the problem :).

Remove ads