D&D 5E [5E] YP: Sunless Citadel

What Adventure should I run for my next PbP Campaign?

• Lost Mine of Phandelver

Votes: 2 22.2%
  • Sunless Citadel

Votes: 6 66.7%
  • Other WotC Adventure Path

Votes: 1 11.1%
  • Other Adventure

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Poll closed .

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Something I failed to mention. I play with 15 minute short rests, but no more than one per 2 encounters. I also sometimes grant a "milestone" rest for story reasons.

TallIan

Explorer
It sounds like, we need a little Healing for Edgar and then we stack to kick down one of the two doors. I would suggest the Dusty (SW) door as the traffic through the NW door, implies that once through the door, there is going to be a fair bit of exploring.

I'm hoping Tordak would be willing to use a spell slot, that was Edgar can keep his lay on hands for later and we still have tow characters capable of healing.

Kuhl has no healing to offer, but is willing to take a short rest if it helps.

A short rest now seems a little over the top, I'd rather use a spell slot or LoH

Something I failed to mention. I play with 15 minute short rests, but no more than one per 2 encounters. I also sometimes grant a "milestone" rest for story reasons.

I'd forgotten that from your previous games, but a rest after every combat gets a little cheesy.

Obeliske

First Post
If you want Tordak to heal you have to mention it to him, I didn't see any visual queue's that anybody was hurt beyond a scratch so... I also want to stay away from making plans in this post as that's a little meta'y and takes away from possible rp imho.

TallIan

Explorer
If you want Tordak to heal you have to mention it to him, I didn't see any visual queue's that anybody was hurt beyond a scratch so... I also want to stay away from making plans in this post as that's a little meta'y and takes away from possible rp imho.

I re-read my post and its not so clear that I meant more than a scratch not just a scratch. I was aiming for stoic hoping for the offer of help, but clearly missed that (failed writing check I guess).

Probably should have just put my thoughts in an OOC comment box.

Obeliske

First Post
I've been treating ooc stuff said as ooc it's not knowledge that Tordak would know, so a lot of private thoughts are private should i not do that? Sorry I'm unsure of the etiquette here as like i said it's my first play by post I've been treating it the same way we do irl where if we use our character voices then it's in game otherwise it's idle chatter at the table ;p that being said your right if you did a descriptor of how you actually look in an ooc then I'd take notice ;p

TallIan

Explorer
Its not a bad way to use the OOC comments. But I find it get used to streamline some stuff where IC chat would a take weeks to resolve or look weird. Using the OOC box to explain your reasoning can save a lot of time, especially for other players of you end up in a two person conversation.

So I should have used an OOC box in the IC thread to say: Edgar doesn't say anything out of stoicism it he could use some healing. I think one of Tordaks spells would be the best use of party resources because...

But you are right in that if it's OOC it should be able to be ignored without getting confused.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

purplerook

First Post
Its not a bad way to use the OOC comments. But I find it get used to streamline some stuff where IC chat would a take weeks to resolve or look weird. Using the OOC box to explain your reasoning can save a lot of time, especially for other players of you end up in a two person conversation.

So I should have used an OOC box in the IC thread to say: Edgar doesn't say anything out of stoicism it he could use some healing. I think one of Tordaks spells would be the best use of party resources because...

But you are right in that if it's OOC it should be able to be ignored without getting confused.

Sent from my Nexus 9 using Tapatalk

TallIan, I agree with your post. I will add that sometimes you need to add a little something either IC or in an OOC box to help flesh-out this situation. For example, "Despite the gaping wound, Edgar stoically does not ask for healing." and then {OOC}Someone please heal Edgar{/OOC}

Obliske, The OOC box and thread contain some of the optimizing discussion that happens around the gaming table - e.g., Is it better to use a spell or Laying on Of Hands. My perspective - and not everyone shares it - is like writing a collaborative story. We the players are each authors of what our character does. So, the author to author conversations influence what the characters do.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
I am opening recruitment for this game to get 1-2 replacement players. We're down a cleric but that's not a critical lack.
Level 1
27 Point buy. Starting package equipment.
SCAG okay, UA Ranger okay, No Mystic/Artificier, No Volo races.
Other UA on approval
Feats OK, multiclassing allowed when we level up.
Variant Humans allowed.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases