D&D 5E Tomb of Horrors!

tglassy

Adventurer
I am currently playing Tomb of Horrors, and am loving it. Once I'm done, I think I want to run it here. I even have some ideas to make it more deadly, since a lot of the traps are underpowered (IMO).

So, anyone interested? I'm thinking of making you roll for your starting level. Perhaps 4d6's, dropping the lowest number, and that's your level. So, anything between level 3 and 18. This will be purposefully unbalanced, and you have to work with what you have. Probably no more than 4-6 people.

Starting equipment will be determined by your level, as determined by the DMG's "Starting at Higher Level" table. So, you could get a magic weapon or so if your level is high enough.

As for backstories, you all know each other, and are wanting to find the treasure rumored in this tomb. You're from the same town, and some of you are more experienced than others. You can choose your relationships to each other, your motivations for coming into the tomb, yadda yadda. You are more than welcome to work out your little party's backstory together.

I'm not going to dictate classes, but I will say this is an old tomb. While there may be monsters in it, it is mostly traps and puzzles. I'd prefer people who haven't played it before, bit I wouldn't mind someone who has, as long as they DO NOT METAGAME! And by do not metagame, I mean don't tell others the solutions if they remember the solutions.

So, what do y'all think? This should be easier for me to run, since it's all in the book and I don't have to make up stuff, except for my own little twists here and there.

tglassy

Adventurer
Thinking about it, perhaps level 3 is too low. So what we'll do is roll 3d6's, drop the lowest and add 6. This way, your lowest level possible is level 8, which is the level I was as I played it this weekend. So, level 8-18. That should make sure everyone is at least helpful and not a burden.

Azurewraith

Explorer
Starting at a decent level me likes.

Never played the AP but have heard it whispered in hushed tones(the original that is) I would certainly be interested if you would have me ruining another one of your games

_: 3D6+6 = [4, 5, 3]+6 = 18

So if I got this right ill be level 15?

So I'm thinking a rogue/bard or maybe a wiz(Conjurer)/rogue(thief) maybe a diviner or a Conjurer maybe a necro?

Last edited:

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Level: 3D6 = [5, 2, 2] = 9
13, Not too bad. Really need to think on this either a really healing Cleric or a Utility wizard or a rogue or a character optimized (lightly) for dex con and wis saving throws and hps, a sorta "Hurt Sink". FWIW, I've read and forgotten the beginning of the module. I will not metagame.

Stats? Hit Points?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases