D&D 5E Creating a 'locked room whodunit'

Niziolio

First Post
Hiya Guys and Gals;

I'm running a campaign in the Forgotten Realms. My players are really enjoying a more puzzle based adventure and frankly so am I. What I want to do for our next adventure is a locked room whodunit.

The party is a:
-Dwarf Paladin (Noble) lv 3
-Drow Rogue (squire to the paladin) lv 1
-Human Diviner lv3
-Human Life Cleric lv 3 (brother of diviner)
-Human Fighter lv 3 (outlander)

The party will be thrown by the towns most wealthy citizen. Someone will be killed. The favorite npc of the party, a Swashbuckler(rogue lv6), will be the accused. After the murder a force wall will be placed on the residence to keep all the potential suspects on the premises.

Who would like to contribute???? (sounds fun, right???) I had great luck last time I consulted the forum :D

Pauper

That guy, who does that thing.
Might want to try this in the general 5e forum, since the AL forum is focused on running AL-legal adventures within the D&D Organized Play program, and a home-brewed locked-room mystery wouldn't qualify as AL-legal.

Good luck!

--
Pauper

Coincidentally, there already exists a DDAL module that does the whole murder mystery bit, DDAL04-10 The Artifact.

This was one of my favorite adventures to run. Even prepping the map was a blast, as the map is an obvious homage to Clue.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases