The Last Jedi trailer

Water Bob

Adventurer
Looks INCREDIBLE!

My skin is standing up. Goosebumps.

Can't wait.

This looks SOOOOOO much better than the prequels.

I'm going to go watch it for a fourth time...

I've heard that Mark Hamill does the best role of his life in resurrecting Luke Skywalker. I've seen some interviews with people describing his part as not only surprising, but amazing.

From the teaser: I was hoping that Kylo Ren's costume and look would change, become more "Star Wars-y" and sinister as the three films went along. Doesn't look like he's changed much. We can't see his right eye--maybe there's an eyepatch or something. But, I was hoping to see--I don't know--something mechanical. A new helm, or a body part cybernetically enhanced after he got sliced and diced in TFA.

I have the reaction I was hoping to have.

They don't seem to be rehashing The Empire Strikes Back. The Force Awakens seems to be what it was supposed to be--an introduction. Now, the story is going off on its own.

And, it looks like they're taking the story in a new direction....No More Jedi.

I'm juiced. Let's go. I'm ready.

Water Bob

Adventurer
I'm flipping through the Star Wars TFA Visual Dictionary, and there is a reference to the helmet that Rey wears in the early part of the movie.

rey%20helmet_c225876ebea8d0ca9f303578128dabb3.jpg

Turns out, this is the helmet of the Tierfon Yellow Aces (as described in the Visual Dictionary). Specifically, the helmet was owned by Captain Dosmit Reah.

Tierfon base, if you will remember, is the base made up by WEG to put a small, sample Rebel base in the hands of the players. This first appeared in WEG's The Star Wars Sourcebook.

And, evidently, the symbol for the Tierfon Yellow Aces, the Rebel squadron stationed at Tierfon, showed up in Rogue One!

More WEG D6 Star Wars becomes canon!

Now, I'm starting to wonder if "Rey" is her real name.

The helmet is that of Captain Dosmit Raeh, a female X-Wing pilot of the Tierfon Yellow Aces.

Evidently, Rey also made a doll of the Captain...

BFVQN.jpg

And, Captain Raeh became a role model for Rey, helping her survive in the wastes of Jakku. This is supposed to be explored in the Youn Adult book, Rey's Survival Guide.

Aren't the names "Rey" and "Raeh" a little too close in pronunciation--and, obviously, it looks to be deliberate these names being so similar.

A clue to Rey's heritage?

Flexor the Mighty!

18/100 Strength!
The Force Awakens was a really weak flick so I don't have much in the way of expectations for this, or really a burning desire to see it. At least it shouldn't be a quasi remake/reboot of Empire in the way that TFA tried to remake ANH.

More Rogue One style movies are what I'm interested in these days.

Water Bob

Adventurer
I love how the old book has a symbol that is reminiscent of the old Jedi Knight computer games.

latest

It kinda combines that with this...

A

amerigoV

Looks INCREDIBLE!

I've heard that Mark Hamill does the best role of his life in resurrecting Luke Skywalker. I've seen some interviews with people describing his part as not only surprising, but amazing.

This I really hope for!

They don't seem to be rehashing The Empire Strikes Back. The Force Awakens seems to be what it was supposed to be--an introduction. Now, the story is going off on its own.

This I hope for as well. But even though its a teaser it has someone learning the ways of the Force and Walkers. And a Walker has to Walk. Like in Empire.

And, it looks like they're taking the story in a new direction....No More Jedi.

The only thing the bothers me is the "balance" thing. It keeps reaching back to the "prophecy". It annoyed me in the prequels (amongst many things). Even the Clone Wars series (which I really liked) tried to address it and it sucked.

But no matter - I am pumped to see it. Lets hope it truly is telling its own story! Perhaps it will be Luke that finishes what his Father started...

Water Bob

Adventurer
Comments on the teaser...

I get the feeling from the teaser that the training of Rey is going to be believable in that it is a substantial process, taking some time. She's not a Jedi...or whatever she will be...over night.

I'm excited about finally seeing Luke Skywalker again. How has he changed with age? This will be cool.

Looks like Kylo Ren has a tantrum and gets rid of the helmet.

We're going to learn some Jedi lore.

Whatever those vehicles are that are skimming across the desert, streaming red smoke, they're damn cool. Finally, we see some interesting new vehicles. This reminds me of the original trilogy, where, in ANH, we were blown away by X-Wings and Y-Wings, the first glimpse of the Death Star, the Falcon, TIE Fighters, and the Star Destroyers that seemed to go on and on and on.

Then, we got to TESB, and we saw walkers! And, Vader's Super Star Destroyer! Wow. And, snow speeders! And, even the Rebels riding beasts--the Taun-Tauns.

That's about the last time I felt the wonder. Well, I think the speeder bikes in ROTJ did it for me, also. Though I liked B-Wings and A-Wings, and the Naboo fighters, I didn't get that same sense of "wonder" for some reason.

Now...for whatever reason...I'm starting to feel that again, with those nifty desert speeders or whatever they are.

Finn seems to be more messed up than I had thought. He looks like he's in a medical crib.

Poe and BB-8 look like they are running down the hallway of the Tantive IV, Princess Leia's ship. That explosion on the X-Wing might be in the Tantive's hangar bay. It'd be neat to see the demise of that iconic ship.

Looks like we're in for another very cool space battle, too. Why are the battles in TFA and this film so much better than what we saw in the prequels? None of those fights resonated with me (well, except the battles with Darth Maul). They didn't stir any emotion. These do.

Love the idea of the Jedi going away, birthing something new. That'd be a fitting end for the three trilogies--the end of the Sith, we saw in ROTJ. Now, we see the end of the Jedi. I'm digging it.

Looks okay. Not much to go on.
I like the implication of no more Jedi. The possibility of balance and a middle ground beyond the continual cycle between Light and Dark. That Luke isn't just interested in continuing the cycle, but breaking it.

The Force Awakens was a really weak flick so I don't have much in the way of expectations for this, or really a burning desire to see it. At least it shouldn't be a quasi remake/reboot of Empire in the way that TFA tried to remake ANH.

More Rogue One style movies are what I'm interested in these days.
Different writer/ director though. This one is being done by the guy who did Looper.

Remove ads