D&D 5E Curse of Strahd, Post Script

Irda Ranger

First Post
My players defeated Strahd (and resolved the Ireena quest) without ever talking to Kasimir or going to Berez or the Amber Temple, so they've since visited with the elves and they're preparing an expedition now. They've commissioned a tailor in Vallaki to make cold weather gear and are buying canoes so they can navigate down the Luna River to Berez via water.

I've decided that the Vestiges in the Amber Temple == the Dark Powers of Ravenloft, so while Strahd has been defeated and the Mists are gone for now another Dark Lord will eventually rise to take his place unless something is done about the Amber Temple.

SwivSnapshot

First Post
I've decided that the Vestiges in the Amber Temple == the Dark Powers of Ravenloft, so while Strahd has been defeated and the Mists are gone for now another Dark Lord will eventually rise to take his place unless something is done about the Amber Temple.

My crew visits the Amber Temple this week (maybe- they keep chickening out) and I am hoping for a few evil PC's as a result. Perhaps a Vampyr even.

Irda Ranger

First Post
My crew visits the Amber Temple this week (maybe- they keep chickening out) and I am hoping for a few evil PC's as a result. Perhaps a Vampyr even.

Oh, we've already got one of those, and could have another soon! Earlier in the campaign a rogue PC got himself captured by the Indo servants of Strahd and handed over to Strahd for being made into a thrall. (Obviously he became an NPC at that point) He's now a mook for Baby Lysaga, and will be part of the final showdown at Berez.

I also buffed up the evil spellbook the witches in Castle Ravenloft possessed. In addition to doing psychic damage to non-evil characters, it has two additional powers: 1) if you are reduced to 0 HP by the damage you automatically stabilize but wake up with an Evil alignment, and 2) it contains a powerful Suggestion spell to keep reading the book, including the pages that explain how to make pacts with Injaira.

The Knowledge Cleric in our group took the book (his Flaw is he cannot let a secret go uncovered), and twice now he has come within a single failed saving throw of being knocked Evil.

Xombiemike

Explorer
My players are quite determined to get Bildrath to come down on his prices in the village of Barovia. His son Parywimple is a pretty interesting character. Anyone want to brainstorm some level 4 quest from Bildrath?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using EN World mobile app

SwivSnapshot

First Post
Oh, we've already got one of those, and could have another soon! Earlier in the campaign a rogue PC got himself captured by the Indo servants of Strahd and handed over to Strahd for being made into a thrall. (Obviously he became an NPC at that point) He's now a mook for Baby Lysaga, and will be part of the final showdown at Berez.

I also buffed up the evil spellbook the witches in Castle Ravenloft possessed. In addition to doing psychic damage to non-evil characters, it has two additional powers: 1) if you are reduced to 0 HP by the damage you automatically stabilize but wake up with an Evil alignment, and 2) it contains a powerful Suggestion spell to keep reading the book, including the pages that explain how to make pacts with Injaira.

The Knowledge Cleric in our group took the book (his Flaw is he cannot let a secret go uncovered), and twice now he has come within a single failed saving throw of being knocked Evil.

The Amber Temple has been victorious- 3 of 7 players have been converted to evil and one has accepted the gift of the Vampyr.

I like your idea for the witch's spellbook, but I am not sure the group will make it that far.

SwivSnapshot

First Post
My players are quite determined to get Bildrath to come down on his prices in the village of Barovia. His son Parywimple is a pretty interesting character. Anyone want to brainstorm some level 4 quest from Bildrath?

The party members become corporate raiders specializing in hostile takeovers. Their first assignment is to run Arasek Stockyards in Vallaki out of business so Bildrath can open a second store and create a monopoly.

SwivSnapshot

First Post
So does anyone else think Death House ends a bit unresolved? It looks like the two outcomes presented lead to it still remaining a threat to the village.

"The mists of Ravenloft continue to surround Death House until the characters stand atop the dais and either appease or defy the cultists. Strahd is satisfied either way, prompting the mists to recede."

"If the [BBEG] dies, the chanting stops and the apparitions vanish forever."

My Players killed the BBEG and burned the building down. Problem solved.

Remove ads