On teleportation

Dalamar

Adventurer
I think I'm getting the rules for teleportation spells correctly, but I'm making sure just in case.

If you pay the bare minimum for a teleportation spell (5MP for the teleportation effect from Displacement, no other enhancements), you can't actually teleport anywhere since the area of the spell is a single 5ft square which you already occupy.
At 6MP (5MP teleport, 1MP 10ft-diameter area), you can teleport 5ft if you cast the spell on yourself. Everyone adjacent to you will teleport with you (except possibly those that would teleport outside the area if they teleported the same distance and direction as you?)
If you spend 27MP on area (approx 1 mile diameter) and don't get the Discerning enhancement, you will end up trying to move every humanoid within half a mile when trying to teleport your party with Move Person.

What I'm not sure on, is could you change the area to a line when teleporting just yourself to get longer distances for cheaper.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Looks pretty much right. As you have noticed, it's a pretty short distance teleport (more akin to D&D's dimension door distances than to its teleport distances). If you have 27 MAG, you probably rule the world anyway!

The area can be a circle, line, or cone, as normal. The enhancement doesn't care about how you derive the area, as long as you teleport within it.

Dalamar

Adventurer
Thank you. It's good to know I got that right. I kind of like that you get twice the teleport distance when doing just yourself or a small group.
I just wasn't sure since getting distance also got you more targets, and that felt odd.

Sent from my PLK-L01 using EN World mobile app

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases