TUW: The Outpost

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Days 244 - 246: Taylar

While looking through the inventory Taylar finds the Nightstone and Slate and realizes he does not know what bonuses they provide. During their travels he meditates on the Nightstone and Slate in turn to try and pry loose their secrets...
[sblock=Alchemy]Taylar: 17 + 16(konokoro) = 33
Nightstone: 4 weeks / (33 + 95(d100) + 53(luck)) = 3 hours, 43 minutes
Slate: 1 week / (33 + 76(d100)) = 1 hour, 33 minutes
Iron: 1 week / (33 + 44(d100)) = 2 hours, 11 minutes[/sblock]
GM: As luck was in Taylar's favor the evening he decided to analyze the dark stone, like Raven Elk with the herb, just before Taylar lost his concentration, the mystery is suddenly solved. The Nightstone as two known functions. First it can augment the the measure of life within its holder {Adhesion +1} and it can be dissolved to alter electromagnetic Way with regard to light in the immediate area {Darken x2}. The pieces of slate can augment the manipulation of mechanical Way {Thump x2}.

Kwargrow said:
As they move into the mountains Taylar continues to search for ores and minerals using the inventory, and including iron in case he can find a vein that can be utilized by Outpost. A few times he reaches with Way through the ground with no conduit to guide him in hopes of finding something new.
[sblock=Mining]Taylar: 17 + 16(konokoro) = 33
Zinc: 33 + 87(d100) + 100(conduit) = 220
Lead: 33 + 75(d100) + 100(conduit) = 208
Tin: 33 + 95(d100) = 128
Iron: 33 + 92(d100) + 60(luck) = 185[/sblock]
OOC: At his current skill level, Taylar may search for Zinc, Tin, Lead, and Iron without the use of a conduit. Maka was searching for stone, so those would overlap with the same end result.

GM: Taylar searches prove fairly productive. He is able to locate 4 ingots worth of zinc, 10 ingots worth of lead, 3 ingots worth of tin, and 5 ingots worth of iron. He is also able to identify the proclivity of iron, which is the only ore unknown.

[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
  • francs: 121
  • Dove Tail Feathers: 1 set: {Cohesion +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Rooster Tail Feathers: 1 sets: {Confluence +1}
  • Grouse Tail Feathers: 5 sets: {Cohesion +1}
  • Zinc Ingots: 13: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
  • Bloodstone: 1: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 1: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 1: {Confluence +1}
  • Lead Ingot: 1: {Rend x2}
  • Piece of Slate: 1: {mechanical way x2}
  • Piece of Flint: 1 {heat x2}
  • Lodestone: 1: {shock x2}
  • dried leaves: 1 measure: {Soothe x2}
  • Nightstone: 1: {?}
New Collections:
  • beetle carapaces: 18
  • large beetle carapace: 1
  • Flint: 2 {heat x2}
  • Heartstone: 4 {Confluence +1}
  • Iron Ingot: 5 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 12 {Rend x2}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
  • Slate: 8 {?}
  • Sunstone: 1 {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Toxic Leaves: 1 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Zinc Ingot: 6 {Health +1, Mend x2}
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
arrows: 29
Taylar: full health
Maka: full health
Raven Elk: full health
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]

Last edited:

MacConnell

Days 244 - 246: Maka

Following Taylar's lead, Maka also intensifies his search for minerals as the party travels.Thinking back to what his father once told him, he is inspired... "Waterstone," Maka says, out loud, to no one in particular.
[sblock=Mining]Maka: 17 + 17(konokoro) = 34
Day 244: 34 + 22(d100) = 56
Day 245: 34 + 95(d100) + 72(luck) = 201
Day 246: 34 + 97(d100) + 50(luck) = 181[/sblock]
OOC: At his current skill level, Maka may search for Slate, Flint, Bloodstone, Sunstone, and Heartstone without the use of a conduit. Taylar was searching for ore, so those would overlap with the same end result. Though Maka has recalled some legend of a substance called Waterstone, he greatly lacks the skill needed to divine for it.

GM: Maka searches prove somewhat productive have the first day. That first day, the stones refuse to speak to him. The second day he finds and sizable mass of slate. By picking up the large stone and dropping it against others, the crew is able to retrieve 58 pieces of slate. The third day Maka locates a sizable rock that produces 7 Sunstones.

As the crew looks over their finds of the last three days over the evening fire, Vittero engages the crew.
"If I understood much of what we gathered from the rumors about this Keep of the Rising Sun, we should leave the road at this point and head northward, keeping to the eastern face of the mountains. Once we leave the road, I think they were saying it should be about 3 days.

On the subject at hand... literally, haha... I made an Adi joke... I would like to keep one of those Sunstone. Maka found enough for all of us
."
[sblock=Inventory]
New Collections:
  • Slate: 64 {Thump x2}
  • Sunstone: 8 {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Adi becomes obsessed in watching the way animals hide in plain sight. He seeks out Maka, "Your people commune with nature and stuff. What have you noticed about the way animals hide in plain view? Perhaps carrying around one of those butterflies that look like a leaf would help me blend better."

Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Maka says, “Animals which are caught in the open typically freeze, and remain very still, when they are trying to avoid detection. No animal can truly ‘hide in plain sight’ unless they have some natural ability to change the color of their skin, like certain lizards. Animals usually flee when discovered in the open, or play dead, in the case of the opossum. There might be a method for changing one’s skin color through the manipulation of Way, but I am not certain; I have only recently begun to discover these powers, thus, I am still operating largely by trial and error.”

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
The Nightstone as two known functions. First it can augment the the measure of life within its holder {Adhesion +1} and it can be dissolved to alter electromagnetic Way with regard to light in the immediate area {Darken x2}.

Taylar holds up the Nightstone and says, "I can sense that this stone will grant me a boost that I currently do not possess. Since I discovered the proclivity, I will keep this."

and 5 ingots worth of iron

Taylar says to the group, "This trip is already promising. If we discover an iron vein that could give our home a big boost."

OOC: Taylar will use a conduit when searching for iron in the future.

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 246: Closing the Day

Taylar holds up the Nightstone and says, "I can sense that this stone will grant me a boost that I currently do not possess. Since I discovered the proclivity, I will keep this."
GM: This has been added to Taylar's character record.

OOC: While the party travels, rather than indicating a marching order, as this will tend to be fluid over the course of a day and depending on the terrain, characters should concern themselves with designating who will hunt, who fill forage, who will mine for ore, and who will mine for stone. At this time, the task proficiency of all party members is about equal with regard to all of these things. Vittero and Maka should be the hunters since they have bows to bring down game at a distance. This can change as characters develop. Until the Collegiate Skill exceeds 10 ranks, manipulation of Way is limited to touch and sensitivity to Way is limited to a number of strides.

GM: Over the past few days the players have made 34 individual posts. Divided equally this will give all characters 8 XP, +2 extra for Taylar who made the most posts. Additionally, 11 intra-party actions were performed, bringing the total to 19 for all characters +2 extra for Taylar.

"If I understood much of what we gathered from the rumors about this Keep of the Rising Sun, we should leave the road at this point and head northward, keeping to the eastern face of the mountains. Once we leave the road, I think they were saying it should be about 3 days. What say you?"
[sblock=Inventory]
New Collections:
  • Slate: 64 {Thump x2}
  • Sunstone: 7 {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar says with a big grin, "Then let us leave the road at this point and head northward, keeping to the eastern face of the mountains."

At appropriate times, he will search for ores and metals, making iron his priority.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Maka nods in agreement with Taylar. He will also look for ores as he progresses, as well as keeping an eye out for pine twigs. It has recently occurred to him that using Heat might be a useful way in which to manipulate Way during combat, and he hopes that a highly flammable wood such as pine might act as an augment.

Sylvar B.

Explorer
Adi, not caring where they go, and content to be on an adventure with his friends, nods his assent. Animals playing dead you say? Maybe the next time we get into a fight Taylar could try that. What do you think Taylar? Next time just fall over on the ground, when the enemy comes in to investigate we'll kill them. Adi laughs at the mental image of Taylar flopping over on the ground, faking death...but there is a part of him that thinks ~Thats not a half bad idea...I wonder if I can talk someone into it.~ He eyeballs Vittero as the thought trails from his mind.

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk, as always, enjoys the banter amongst his friends; however, he concentrates on all of the folige they pass to see if he recognizes beneficial ones for health and healing, plus any new or unusual plants that he could utilize Way to discover their proclivities.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases