TUW: The Outpost

MacConnell

Creator of The Untamed Wilds
Day 260: Taylar

Taylar looks puzzled as he observes Raven Elk's strange behavior and his position. "How did he get over there? There's no way he could have run or jumped, we were only in the mine for a few moments. Did you fly over there?" he calls out to Raven Elk.
GM: Raven Elk does not respond. Perhaps at the distance, the exact words cannot be understood.

Vittero offers, "Flying sounds right. Maybe he was able to jump himself from here to there. Although how he landed without breaking his legs, I cannot figure."
Kwargrow said:
On a whim, Taylar observes the symbols on the ground and attempts to manipulate Way.
GM: Using what little talent he has developed to manipulate mechanical Way, Taylar tries to push air to make himself fly over to Raven Elk. The force of the air pushing off the symbol causes Taylar to fall from his feet. He laughs at himself, as he is not hurt.

Vittero says, "Wait a minute! You pulled your own Way lines to try to make yourself fly from this spot. This symbol has its own, rotating in a continual pattern. Try it again by using those."

GM: Taylar, undaunted by his previous failure, picks himself off of the ground and stands in the center of the symbol. He takes the time to sense the Way lines that Vittero mentioned. With no method of determining what Raven Elk had tried to do, Taylar pushes on the Way lines, hoping to make himself 'fly' over.

The Way lines of the standing node pulse as Taylar pushes them, then rebound. Taylar receives an instant sensation of falling as his eyes adjust to the fact that he not standing where he was before. His friends are no longer beside him, but neither is Raven Elk. Taylar finds himself standing on the porch area of what was previously decided to be Keep 7. Raven Elk is on Keep 1.

Vittero, Maka, and Adisakti see a visible ripple in the air, like trying to see through a heat mirage, when Taylar pushed on the Way lines. The ripple vibrates in a pattern like those made by a smooth stone being tossed into a placid pool. The same type sound accompanies the ripple. Taylar's blurred image disappears in an instant, and the ripple ceases.

[sblock=Inventory]
OOC: Current Inventory:
Coins:
  • francs: 121
Animal Parts:
  • Beetle Carapaces: 31
  • Large Beetle Carapaces: 11
  • Dove Feathers: 10 sets: {Health +1}
  • Rock Pigeon Feathers: 3 sets: {Health +1}
  • Boar Tusk: 2 pair: {Confluence +1}
  • Running Bird Tail Feathers: 6 sets: {Confluence +1}
Minerals:
  • Slate: 64: {Thump x2}
  • Flint: 10 {Heat x2}
  • Bloodstone: 1: {Confluence +1}
  • Sunstone: 8: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Heartstone: 5: {Confluence +1}
  • Lodestone: 2 {shock x2}
Ores:
  • Zinc Ingots: 19: {Health +1, Mend x2}
  • Tin Ingot: 13: {Persona +1, Muddle x2}
  • Lead Ingot: 13: {Rend x2}
  • Iron Ingot: 20 {Confluence +1, Mend x2}
  • Chromium Ingot: 1: {Strength +1}
  • Calcium Ingot: 1: {Cohesion +1, Restore x2}
Plants:
  • Toxic Leaves: 1 measure {Muddle x2}
  • Leaves of Soothing: 1 measure {Soothe x2}
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: Body: 10 - 3 = 7
Recovery Time: 4 hours, 16 minutes
arrows: 24
Taylar: full health
Maka: full health
arrows: 26
Raven Elk: Body: 10 - 2 = 8: hurt
Recovery Time: 2 hours, 28 minutes
Adisakti: full health
[/sblock]
[sblock=Party Discovers]Slate Boulder: 76 stones worth, East Pass
Tin Vein: 43 stones worth, East Pass
Zinc Vein: 61 ingots worth, 7 days north East Pass
Keep of the Rising Sun[/sblock]

MacConnell

Day 260: Maka

Maka ... says, "These symbols in front of each tower... I believe they are connected. I'm not sure how, but I think it's possible to move between them, using The Way. We should pause here, and take time to study this. If Raven could do it by accident, it might be possible to learn to do it intentionally. This is a great gift to us, the spirits of our ancestors are smiling upon us. We should not ignore their generosity."
"And now Taylar, it seems." Vittero adds, cracking his knuckles and looking at Maka.
GM: Maka centers himself in the design as the two others had done previously. He concentrates on the feel and the flux of the Way line comprising the standing node. Confirming his suspicion, he is sure of the accuracy of his theory, but than the accidental results accomplished by Raven Elk and Taylar, he finds that any sure use is yet beyond his understanding.

[sblock=Inventory]
Coins:
Animal Parts:
Minerals:
Ores:
Plants:
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
[/sblock]

Tellerian Hawke

Defender of Oerth
Maka looks around, seeing that Taylar has arrived near Keep #7, "This is more than flight; it looks more like a gateway. But instead of traveling through normal terrain, one is walking through the air itself... Is that even possible? I mean... it certainly appears to be, but I am not sure if I am correctly understanding what I have seen. A few weeks ago, we all began to realize that our talents with the Way Lines were varied and complex; but until this moment, we had no idea how varied, how complex. The possibilities seem limitless. We are at the beginning of what appears to be a very long journey, my friends."

Last edited by a moderator:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar looks around at his new surroundings and checks to see if all of his gear came with him. He looks to his friends on the other porches and waves to let them know he is all right. He steps away from the circle of symbols, not knowing what would happen if he was on there when someone else tried to cross, and checks the sun to see how much time had passed on his shift from there to here. He studies the symbols more intently, attempting to decipher how they are different, and will copy down the symbols on this porch. "Where did I go between there and here?" he asks himself and writes down the question next to his copy of the symbols.

MacConnell

Day 260: Maka, part 2

Maka looks around, seeing that Taylar has arrived near Keep #7, "This is more than flight; it looks more like a gateway. But instead of traveling through normal terrain, one is walking through the air itself... Is that even possible? I mean... it certainly appears to be, but I am not sure if I am correctly understanding what I have seen. A few weeks ago, we all began to realize that our talents with the Way Lines were varied and complex; but until this moment, we had no idea how varied, how complex. The possibilities seem limitless. We are at the beginning of what appears to be a very long journey, my friends."
Vittero is listening to Maka but he keeps looking back and forth between Raven Elk and Taylar. "I think our talent is limited to accidental use of this device, at this point. We should not press our luck... I wonder how long it took them to get over there, a second or two?"
[sblock=Inventory]
Coins:
Animal Parts:
Minerals:
Ores:
Plants:
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

MacConnell

Day 260: Taylar, part 2

Taylar looks around at his new surroundings and checks to see if all of his gear came with him. He looks to his friends on the other porches and waves to let them know he is all right. He steps away from the circle of symbols, not knowing what would happen if he was on there when someone else tried to cross, and checks the sun to see how much time had passed on his shift from there to here. He studies the symbols more intently, attempting to decipher how they are different, and will copy down the symbols on this porch. "Where did I go between there and here?" he asks himself and writes down the question next to his copy of the symbols.
GM: Looking at the position of the sun and the length of the shadows, Taylar can only determine that very little, if any, time passed in his crossing. As he begins to sketch the symbol, he notices some detail he had missed and begins to add it in. He then notices something else. After the third time he notices some first omitted detail, he realizes that the symbol is much more complicated than he or his friends have realized. He resolves himself that he will not be able to accurately replicate it to the level of detail that he would like. He needs a bigger skin or parchment, more inks or dyes, and more time than he is willing to spend at any one given point.

Vittero hollers at Raven Elk and Taylar, again. "Are you two going to come back over here?"
GM: Raven Elk and Taylar hear, "Are... are... to.. to... here... here."

[sblock=Inventory]
Coins:
Animal Parts:
Minerals:
Ores:
Plants:
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
Raven Elk: full health
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Kwargrow

Gamer Extraordinaire
Taylar looks around at the seventh porch so he can tell his friends what is there. He is not so foolish as to try and explore this place alone and since he does trust the porch symbols to reliably get him back to the group, he starts down the steps. "I was hoping I could fly," he says to himself.

Waynan

Adventurer
Raven Elk is perplexed by the seeming randomness of this discovery of transport. He was certain that if he used way on the symbol that was at the center of the 4th porch that he would find himself back where he started. He stared at each symbol intently. Then he smacked himself with a face palm to his forehead.

Raven Elk saw the same symbol he had traced before. This time he focused on the myriad, kaliedoscopic color currents that Way expressed itself within him. Focusing on the current of Way with an "inner eye", Raven Elk carefully traces the symbol that was similar to the one he traced on the 4th porch, all the while thinking of the 4th porch.

MacConnell

Day 260: Taylar and Raven Elk

Taylar ... starts down the steps. "I was hoping I could fly," he says to himself.
Vittero sees that Taylar has begun walking back toward the group. He looks over and sees that Raven Elk has begun more machinations. He thinks to himself, ~Blight! What in the world is he up to now?~
Raven Elk is perplexed by the seeming randomness... This time he focused on the myriad, kaliedoscopic color currents that Way expressed itself within him. Focusing on the current of Way with an "inner eye", Raven Elk carefully traces the symbol that was similar to the one he traced on the 4th porch, all the while thinking of the 4th porch.
OOC: Player knowledge or not, this is a great in character analysis. I am going with it.

GM: It takes time for Raven Elk to perform his analysis and machination, more time than he thinks it should have, but he realizes that he is overreaching and straining his in born talent. The Way line echo his fluctuations and rebound specifically, patternistically.

Those watching Raven Elk across the distance see the vibrations of what looks like a heat mirage obscure his visage and then he is gone with the same echoing sound of a stone thrown into placid water. It is a bit startling when at the same instant Raven Elk appears in the symbol upon the porch area of keep 4, wobbling and queasy a bit from the teleportation.

Vittero cracks his knuckles and says, "Oh, wow!"

OOC: Awarded Experience:
I have 6 posts from Waynan, 8 posts from Tellerian Hawke, 17 posts from Kwargrow, and 7 posts from Sylvar B. This gives 38 total posts for 6 XP each plus 1 bonus XP for Taylar.

A total of 11 posts were made of benefit to the party or to solve problems. All characters receive 17 XP, except Taylar, who receives 18.

[sblock=Inventory]
Coins:
Animal Parts:
Minerals:
Ores:
Plants:
Unknown Items:
  • Angry Spirit Dust:
[/sblock]
[sblock=Character Data]
OOC: Vittero: full health
Raven Elk: full health
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Waynan

Adventurer
Those watching Raven Elk across the distance see the vibrations of what looks like a heat mirage obscur{-ing} his visage and then he is gone with the same echoing sound of a stone thrown into placid water. It is a bit startling when at the same instant Raven Elk appears in the symbol upon the porch area of keep 4, wobbling and queasy a bit from the teleportation.

"Woah!"
Raven Elk breathes out in astonishment and fascination as the queasiness from the transportation eases and he looks to his friends.

He has a huge smile on his face and begins to tell them of his discovery when he notices Taylar is missing. As he looks around he asks:

"Hey! Where's Taylar?"

Last edited:

Remove ads