D&D 4E Building King Arthur

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
There are so many interpretations of King Arthur, ranging from the historic PRE-Medieval Warlord to some very magical alternates
(The warlord idea especially with some of my homebrewed Martial Practices the character could definitely shine)

But first

king_arthur.jpg

I think of the following as a reflection of the student of Merlin(the Bard Druid) and Knight Ector (Paladin)

A hybrid Bard and Paladin Wise and Strong sure but supernally Charismatic
Nature, Heal, Religion, Athletics, Insight, Diplomacy, Intimidate, History

his health seems dependent more on his spirit than his body and he is of the Dragons Bloodline (see auspicious birth), Theme Neverwinter Noble. Paragon Path Justiciar.
Epic Destiny God Emperor.

Hmmmmmm

Here is level 1

level 1
Human, Paladin|Bard
Hybrid Paladin: Hybrid Paladin Reflex
Hybrid Bard: Hybrid Bard Reflex
Hybrid Talent: Paladin Armor Proficiency
Human Power Selection: Heroic Effort
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 10, Dex 9, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 15.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 10, Dex 9, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 15.

AC: 10 Fort: 15 Reflex: 13 Will: 13
HP: 31 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +7, Nature +7, Athletics +9, Diplomacy +7, History +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Arcana +1, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +1, Insight +3, Intimidate +3, Perception +3, Religion +1, Stealth, Streetwise +3, Thievery

FEATS
Human: Hybrid Talent
Level 1: Battlewise

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Words of Gravity
Hybrid at-will 1: Forbidding Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Shout of Triumph
Hybrid daily 1: Glorious Charge

====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
A historic flavored Arthur might be purely Warlord, he may have been the first to truly exploit the mounted cavalry in dark ages England, and no we do not get him Plate armor we go with a Cavalier Theme and mounted combat. He would be a Tactical Warlord perhaps. With emphasis appropriately. He might have had Roman background and history and philosophy (may have to take religion for that in spite of not technically being a Paladin), this more practical arthur might want the endurance and similar things, Intimidate even before Diplomacy, If he multiclasses or hybrids it will be with fighter.

he might look like this one

341ac478af51e869fc823798e7b6f0c9.jpg

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Here is level 1

level 1
Human, Paladin|Bard
Hybrid Paladin: Hybrid Paladin Reflex
Hybrid Bard: Hybrid Bard Reflex
Hybrid Talent: Paladin Armor Proficiency
Human Power Selection: Heroic Effort
Background: Auspicious Birth (Auspicious Birth Benefit)

FINAL ABILITY SCORES
Str 18, Con 10, Dex 9, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 15.

STARTING ABILITY SCORES
Str 16, Con 10, Dex 9, Int 10, Wis 14, Cha 15.

AC: 10 Fort: 15 Reflex: 13 Will: 13
HP: 31 Surges: 8 Surge Value: 7

TRAINED SKILLS
Heal +7, Nature +7, Athletics +9, Diplomacy +7, History +5

UNTRAINED SKILLS
Acrobatics, Arcana +1, Bluff +3, Dungeoneering +3, Endurance +1, Insight +3, Intimidate +3, Perception +3, Religion +1, Stealth, Streetwise +3, Thievery

FEATS
Human: Hybrid Talent
Level 1: Battlewise

POWERS
Hybrid at-will 1: Words of Gravity
Hybrid at-will 1: Forbidding Strike
Hybrid encounter 1: Shout of Triumph
Hybrid daily 1: Glorious Charge

====== Copy to Clipboard and Press the Import Button on the Summary Tab ======

His reflex defense might just suck beans later anyway

Last edited:

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Another possibility is the King Arthur: Legend of the Sword. It elevates Excalibur to relic class potency. And allows its wielder a full blown One man army power to destroy hordes of enemies. The Arthur character is probably best expressed as a Rogue/Warlord hybrid though might get away with Rogue multi-classing and the use of martial practices like Marshal Troops. For this I think the sword itself is almost the most important build.

I have been thinking about a new race one might call Artifact or Living Weapon. Mechanically a merger almost of features from pixies and the Warforged. The living weapons can eat magic items in a manner similar to disenchant where it absorbs either abilities and bonuses from the item or the residuum (or karma points using my adjusted martial practices rules). Some living weapons can also manifest a humanoid form which in this case is not needed.

The blades power reminds me strikingly of this. Swordmage paragon path ability.

1589024350987.png

It is also an ability manifest once by Stormbringer. In Stormbringer the weapon conjured duplicates of itself and the Excaliber I am thinking about makes it a super speed special effect.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
I am reviewing the Arthur in Legend of the Sword and his early training sequences and seeing a lot of mixed brawler/martial artist monk elements, in how he fights he may need no more than rogue background for his con-man childhood elements still deciding. This may be both an interesting sword and welder combo.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
The larger than life one-man army aspect is something I think well suited for a 4e character (or pair of characters :p)

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
Of note he does that time dilation explosive clean up all minions trick against minions ONLY against minions. Other badassery is involved against a big bad and the team he is with are not necessarily his level. The Merlin is close when she puts her all in with a Giant Snake or Flocks of Ravens attacking and her Bird is a battle familiar who distracts and flanks . The archer is good doing impossible ranged attacks but not up to the epic ahem caliber of Arthur with excaliber.

Garthanos

Arcadian Knight
His preferred manner of dress seems to be rather appropriate for a sword monk trained combatant with street urchin background.
1589324079132.png

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases