Word board game.

YoYoGoo

First Post
Hi guys, I need to find a board game for me and my friends (about 4-10 people). We'd like to find word game like Alias.
The main problem is that English is not our native language, so most of us have quite poor vocabulary. Actually we think that playing such game will help us to improve our English. In this case we need words to be quite simple, but not for children. maybe some of you could recommend us something?

pdzoch

Explorer
Some games to consider:
KLOO
Taboo
Once Upon a Time
Scattergories
Funglish
Apples to Apples will help build language skills (and many definitions are on the cards) but it is not intended to be a language building game.
Dixit does not have a language component BUT if all the clues are given in only the learning language, it will force everyone to think how to use the new language to describe the cards.
Funglish

Games like Scrabble and Dabble are spelling focused and will require a stronger vocabulary to be fun or useful for improving language skills.

This should give you a good list to start exploring what game you would like to play next to practice your language skills

Remove ads