Dice Manipulation Character - suggestions?

AriochQ

Adventurer
I have a character in Adventurer's League who is centered around dice manipulation. He is a humorous character named Nostradumas (pronounced Nostra-dumb-ass) who through his sage background has discovered the true nature of the universe. Everything is ruled by the 'many faced gods' (i.e. dice) but they pay no attention to the affairs of mortals and usually act in a random manner. He has forged a mystical connection with the many faced gods and can draw their attention to the affairs for short periods of time. He also uses a magic 8-ball to make important decisions as part of the RP to demonstrate his dedication to the many faced gods.So far, he is a level 4 (Lucky Feat) Halfling (racial Lucky) Divination Wizard (Portent).He can re-roll 1's, use the lucky feat 3 times/day to add a d20 to a roll, and replace two d20 rolls daily with his portent results.Can anyone think of any other dice manipulation abilities/spells/items that he could work towards?

Blue

Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal
Definitely bard. Bardic Inspiration allows you to change allies' dice, and if you go lore then cutting words lets you adjust foes dice.

bid

First Post
Definitely bard. Bardic Inspiration allows you to change allies' dice, and if you go lore then cutting words lets you adjust foes dice.
Yeah, I thought "lucky bard" at the OP description. Seeing "wizard" was a "oh right, that works too."

Jacob Smith

First Post
I made a level 20 character based on the same premise for a one shot. Level 2 Wizard (divination) for portent, Level 1 Sorcerer (wild magic) for tides of chaos, level 6 warlock (fiend) for Dark One's Own Luck, and rogue 11 (Arcane Trickster) for Reliable talent.

my character was a little more flavored as a rogue obsessed with manipulating his own luck, traveling everywhere and doing everything he can to learn how to manipulate reality.

it's a bit of a different course that you took, but it offers you a few other options : Fiend Warlock, Wild Magic Sorcerer, Rogue (any subclass).

Remove ads