D&D 5E (OOC) Vault of the Dracolich 5E (Full)

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Vault of the Dracolich

www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?542700-(RG)-Vault-of-the-Dracolich-Basecamp
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?544793-(IC)-Vault-of-the-Dracolich-(Dispensables)
http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?544790-(IC)-Vault-of-the-Dracolich-(River-Gang)

I've been spending hours and hours of my time, reading arguments on these forums, and I realized that my time would be better spent PLAYING THE GAME.

So, I recently got into the idea of PBP. I have never played, nor yet run, PBP, so I may need help and/or patience. But people here seem friendly, and I expect I can get what I need.

I have been running D&D, in various forms, for 30 years, at least weekly, IRL, and I've owned a comic and game store for over 20 years, so I've run a TON of Adventurer's League.

I think I can handle this. (Famous last words!)

So!

The Game:

Vault of the Dracolich was a game-day event during the Next Playtest time. It was meant to be run all in one session, so it's not "long", but it IS a bit involved. In a nutshell, it's about an old Wizard hiring (somewhat expendable) Adventurers to make a last-ditch effort to stop the Cult of the Dragon from gaining secret ancient Elven Magicks from an artifact, by sending the Adventurers on a very dangerous assault/infiltration/theft mission into a Dracolich's lair. At fourth level. It is meant to handle multiple tables of players, so we can handle quite a few players (split into smaller parties). In fact, you can play more than one character if you like (you may NEED a backup character, it's practically a suicide mission). In this PBP format, the game has the chance to breathe a bit, so I will be extending the beginning, and we'll see how it goes. We will make a separate thread per party, with possible cross-over.

The characters:

Eager Adventurers of all types, who are looking for a high-risk, high-reward mission. Don't get too attached.
Level 4, 5e. I won't limit the books, and I will approve UA builds on a case-by-case basis.
Use standard array, but you can "fudge" some points around with point-buy, if you like.
Feats are allowed. As is multiclassing.
Hit points should be max first level, then "average" - you know, the rounded-up average it says in the class description (or roll if you really want to, I'm not that fussy).
Starting Equipment 400gp.

I'd prefer it if you haven't played the adventure before, or if it's at least been long enough that you don't remember much.

Any questions?

UPDATE (May 13, 2017) OUT OF DATE

We now have THREE parties (probably my limit):

Party "One" (The Dispensables) Entering The Vault by the Southern Caves
@Celestial playing Devan the Dawnbringer, Human Sorcerer/Hexblade Inquisitor
@tglassy playing Pyrus the Genasi Mystic (and his brother Terrus, who has joined Party Three)
@gargoyleking playing Bobranthus, Human Uthgrardt Tribe Totem Barbarian/Fighter
@Prickly Pear
playing Sesto, Cleric of Lathander

Party "Two" (The River Gang) Entering the Vault by the River Tunnel

@
River Song playing Kurzon the Half-Orc Avenger (Paladin) Mercenary
@tglassy playing Aquaia the Genasi Mystic (and her sister Auraia)
@eayres33 playing Professor Drako, the Human Warlock
@Ancalagon playing Udit, Human Sailor Rogue

Party "Three" (The Infiltrators) Entering the Vault through the Main Gate
@gargoyleking playing Mord the Fallen Aasimaar Warlock
@Prickly Pear playing SnorLoska the Half-Orc Barbarian
@tglassy playing Terrus the Genasi Mystic
and three NPCs

http://www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?548759-(IC)-Vault-of-the-Dracolich-(Infiltrators)
www.enworld.org/forum/showthread.php?542786-(IC)-Vault-of-the-Dracolich

Last edited:

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I like it. Can I play the new Mystic?

4th level taking on a Dracolich...yeah, we're gonna die.

Sure. I wouldn't mind seeing how it plays.

I think if you "take on the Dracolich" you're all gonna die. I would hope, so, anyway. I will have screwed up, if not. ;)

gargoyleking

Adventurer
I've got abarbarian set up most of the way so far. Just need to roll some HP and sort out starting treasure. So far just have what's given by the class/backgrounds.

Also, I'm up for running two characters. Depending on how many people you get. Don't want to block anyone else's fun.

Squirrels are evil!

tglassy

Adventurer
I'm thinking a Wu Jen Mystic. Focusing on manipulating the elements. Do we know what kind of Dracolich this is? Are we using the Adult Blue Dragon template? Or is it another type of dragon that became a Lich? Or do we know this?

I've always loved Genasi, so I'll likely choose one of them. Probably fire. Oddly enough, a Fire Genasi taking Fire Mastery is rather redundant, so I'll likely take other elements to round him out.

Actually, having a Fire Genasi take Mastery of Cold would be interesting. It'd be like he is so advanced with fire he knows how to absorb heat, making things cold. I like that.

Mastery of Force is a must. Those will be my two Wu Jen only disciplines.

Next, I'll probably take Nomadic Step. Teleporting is nice.

Still debating the last one. Probably something utility. We'll see.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases