D&D 5E Tomb of Horrors!

tglassy

Adventurer
[sblock=Kattegar]The corridor before Kattegar is made of plain stone, roughly worked. It is dark and full of cobwebs. The ceiling overhead is obscured by hanging strands of webbing. On the other side of the corridor, fifteen feet away, is a pair of oaken doors with a ring on them, obviously opening inward.

In the middle of the room is the broken body, twisted and very, very dead. [/sblock]

Korigan walks to the edge of the cliff. He looks down at Kattegar and Eve.

"What do you see?"

As he waits for an answer he looks for a way to get Vash down to the entrance.

Thateous

Explorer
EVE punches Kat on the shoulder as he moves into the entryway. The mockery causing her inner self to crack the slightest of smiles. She then gracefully dashed from person to person whispering of Kat's discovery, before returning to the entryway. While no one was looking she flinged a harmless ball of fire at Kat.

Sent from my SM-G955U using EN World mobile app

FitzTheRuke

Legend
Eve's litte fireballs may not hurt, but they curl Kattegar's slate-grey hair. "Alright, cut it out and get someone else to look at this body. We found the way in - and the last idiot who tried it."

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

Azurewraith

Explorer
Namfoodle wanders to the hole and shouts through"Yes, lets all squeeze through this hole into a tomb full of traps to inspect a body likely killed by one of them. I think ill wait for the lesser minds to sweep the room."

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I see yer ususal, Nam." Kattegar observed as he put his hood back on, squinted, and climbed back out the hole. "Why don't you make yerself useful and burn off those webs, so we can see if they've got spiders hiding in 'em?"

Sent from my LG-D852 using EN World mobile app

tglassy

Adventurer
A roar of flames briefly fills the ceiling as the cobwebs burn away. No enemies can be currently seen, but anyone can Investigate further if they wish.

Shayuri

First Post
Hovering on the enchanted broom she carried with her, Dame Astirise lifts the Lantern of Revealing high and peers into the corridor, paying especial attention to the ceiling. With all those cobwebs that had been there, it would have been easy for whoever this poor fellow was to have missed something up there before. Maybe something important, like a deadfall or a murder hole or something.

Perception! [roll0] or [roll1]

tglassy

Adventurer
Dame Astirise can tell that the ceiling in this room is wildly unstable, and in danger of collapse. That it didn't when the cobwebs were burnt away is a small miracle in itself. It would not take much for it to come crashing down.

Remove ads